M1070 & antennas
Boris1991
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 08:08 AM UTC
Hi guys!
saw this picture and noticed the antenna / anti IED device? ON the roof, and the cables that go up on the CPK back panel?
does anybody have more info on this, as I would like to recreate this in my build...

Thanks!
Boris1991
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 08:43 AM UTC
Anybody? could really use some help now so I can proceed.
Thanks!
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 10:07 AM UTC
Give me a little time, man. I'll go through all of my HET-related TM's and TB's for info.
Boris1991
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Give me a little time, man. I'll go through all of my HET-related TM's and TB's for info.

Thanks man! I appreciate it greatly!
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,208 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 01:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys!
saw this picture and noticed the antenna / anti IED device? ON the roof, and the cables that go up on the CPK back panel?
does anybody have more info on this, as I would like to recreate this in my build...

Boris,
There are two antennas, one on the back of the roof and another in front of the cab, with that particular version version of Counter IED device. The rear antenna is the typical thick antenna, while the one in front is more of a flat panel with a second thin antenna mlunted directly behind the flat panel. You can find examples of the flat panel version out on the web mounted on other vehicles.

John
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 06:21 AM UTC
Boris

I've also posted this one in your other thread

H.P.
Boris1991
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 08:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi guys!

Boris,
There are two antennas, one on the back of the roof and another in front of the cab, with that particular version version of Counter IED device. The rear antenna is the typical thick antenna, while the one in front is more of a flat panel with a second thin antenna mlunted directly behind the flat panel. You can find examples of the flat panel version out on the web mounted on other vehicles.

John

Thanks for your commente John, but on my the picture i showed, there are at least three antennas on the cab, one on the rear, on on the rear of the left side, and one on the front of the right side, I've seen this on some pictures and wondered if anyone has more info on this.

Thanks Frenchy! great picture!
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,208 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for your commente John, but on my the picture i showed, there are at least three antennas on the cab, one on the rear, on on the rear of the left side, and one on the front of the right side, I've seen this on some pictures and wondered if anyone has more info on this.

Thanks Frenchy! great picture!

Boris,
I see only two antennas, with the one in front of the door has two components, a flat panel as Frenchy's picture shows clearly and inches behind the flat panel antenna, there is a whip antenna that you can see above the door in your picture and as well as in Frenchy's but the top of the antenna is cut off. The second is the typical thick one as I mentioned above, that is mounted on the cab behind/left of the exhaust stack.

If there is another antenna in the picture, I am missing it.

John
 _GOTOTOP