_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Request for sculpting assistance
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 09:53 PM UTC
Seeing as there are so few insurgent figures with "Koufeyas", I would like to try and sculpt some on some old heads.. but I don't know how to go about it. Do I roll a piece of putty real thin and then wrap it around the head like they normally do in real life... or should I put a blob of putty on the head and then shape it like a "Koufeya".

Has anyone done this before? I could use some tips... or if anyone knows of an article about this or something similar to it.. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
Hisham
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 03:09 AM UTC
Hisham,

I would suggest using a combination of a solid "blob" of putty on the headpiece and agal with either a solid "blob" or rolled out sheet for the neck piece.

A lot depends on how you want to present the long flowing parts of the keffiyeh.

Check out some sculpting tutorials for hair. Except for the details of the shapes, the sculpting process for the keffiyeh should be about the same.

Steam Forged Turotial

From the Warp Tutorial

Also check out Historicus Forma:

Historcua Forma::Sculpting Forum

Happy modeling,
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 04:34 AM UTC
Thanks for your suggestions, Mike, and for those two links.

I'll try to post this question over on Historicus Forma... I don't know why I always forget to go there for figure-specific questions

Hisham
 _GOTOTOP