_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 1ST US Cavalry With M113 (double set)
love_mohinh
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 12:22 AM UTC

oliver
Visit this Community
Beersheba, Israel
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 11:52 PM UTC
nice like the detials
BigDaddybluesman
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 12:10 AM UTC
Excellent.

Close the hatches on the mini gun track or put some more troops in the back area of the vehicles. You never leave unattended open hatches in armor. That is a huge no no. It's asking for the enemy to throw a grenade in there. That would never be done in a battle before, during or after. Armor always has security around it. I was in the 1/11 ACR and drove them.

Also more vegetation. Otherwise very good.
Scarlet_Guidon_6
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 10:44 AM UTC
Chau Co or is it Chau am? Love-Mohinh, I find this post and me talking to you interesting to say the least To start you live in Ho Chi Minh City,a place that when I was there was called Saigon. As you can tell I spent several years in your beautiful county. I am glad there is peace there.

Now to be a bit picky. First your diorama is outstanding. I admire your skill.GREAT JOB!
In the III Corps area Quan loi,An Loc, Tay Ninh ,Song Be You had two units,operating. The 1st Cav Div (airmobile) a division sized unit and the 11ACR (Armored cavalry Regiment( a Brigade sized unit. The 11th Acr was there to support the 1st Cav with armor in case the the enemy(then not now) decided to invade down Hwy 13 (Thunder road) towards An Loc the provincial capital) as they did in the early 70s. But we (the 1st cav were in charge of the AO(area of operations)

Now to be picky. I was did 2 tours in Vietnam with the 1st Cav Div(Airmobile), I was an artillery officer serving with the 1 /21Fa,3rd Bde 1Cav.

The only soldiers that wore the Black Stetson hats were with the 1/9th(1st bn 9cav) ,The divisions Air Cav Troop. Cobras,Gunships and Oh-6. They weren't ground ponders so an officer with the Stetson would be highly unlikely.
the other thing is one of the M 113 is marked with the 11th Armored Cavalry Regt. They shared Quan loi with the 1st Cav but were a distinct separate unit, As far as I can recall/and I am getting older its been 43 yrs/ but the 1st Cav did not have M113s with Gatling guns in the field. We would use/get support from the 11th ACR. Unfortunately Hollywood has blurred reality.( Apocalypse Now).We basically flew then walked.
i can still visualize the rubber traas at Qual loi. Here are some photos of the 3rd brigade Fire base at Quan loi.. Then some of Hwy 13.
My spelling is very bad but I hope this old Dai uy now Dai ta has helped.

love_mohinh
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 - 05:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Chau Co or is it Chau am? Love-Mohinh, I find this post and me talking to you interesting to say the least To start you live in Ho Chi Minh City,a place that when I was there was called Saigon. As you can tell I spent several years in your beautiful county. I am glad there is peace there.

Now to be a bit picky. First your diorama is outstanding. I admire your skill.GREAT JOB!
In the III Corps area Quan loi,An Loc, Tay Ninh ,Song Be You had two units,operating. The 1st Cav Div (airmobile) a division sized unit and the 11ACR (Armored cavalry Regiment( a Brigade sized unit. The 11th Acr was there to support the 1st Cav with armor in case the the enemy(then not now) decided to invade down Hwy 13 (Thunder road) towards An Loc the provincial capital) as they did in the early 70s. But we (the 1st cav were in charge of the AO(area of operations)

Now to be picky. I was did 2 tours in Vietnam with the 1st Cav Div(Airmobile), I was an artillery officer serving with the 1 /21Fa,3rd Bde 1Cav.

The only soldiers that wore the Black Stetson hats were with the 1/9th(1st bn 9cav) ,The divisions Air Cav Troop. Cobras,Gunships and Oh-6. They weren't ground ponders so an officer with the Stetson would be highly unlikely.
the other thing is one of the M 113 is marked with the 11th Armored Cavalry Regt. They shared Quan loi with the 1st Cav but were a distinct separate unit, As far as I can recall/and I am getting older its been 43 yrs/ but the 1st Cav did not have M113s with Gatling guns in the field. We would use/get support from the 11th ACR. Unfortunately Hollywood has blurred reality.( Apocalypse Now).We basically flew then walked.
i can still visualize the rubber traas at Qual loi. Here are some photos of the 3rd brigade Fire base at Quan loi.. Then some of Hwy 13.
My spelling is very bad but I hope this old Dai uy now Dai ta has helped.

Hi, I very thank Scarlet_Guidon_6 (LOU) for question of you, the my diorama made to my idea and simple and it is just my idea.....about the history field use, I do not know much.....i only known it by photo ....
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 - 06:02 PM UTC
Nice Dio, Very Cool !

mil
 _GOTOTOP