_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Tracks for t55
LtCrow
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 02:20 AM UTC
Hope this is the right section to ask in. Been searching for tracks to my tamiya t55. Anyone can point me to a store that sells friulmodelen or modelkasten? Preferably in EU or sweden.
Quasimofo
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hi Stefan-

As an alternative in case you can't find the Friul or Modelkasten tracks you are looking for, you might consider using the Trumpeter T-54/T-55 workable tracks. I just used a set of the Trumpeter 1946 580mm Trumpeter tracks on a Tamiya T-55 that I'm backdating to a T-54. They look great, fit great and were very easy to work with...the worst part was cleaning up the spots where they were cut from the sprues. They also don't cost as much as the other tracks you mentioned. Hope this helps.
LtCrow
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 03:02 AM UTC
Thx for the recommendation Bill, I'll expand my search for the trumpeters aswell. Will see what my google fu turns up.

Recommendation to stores still welcome
mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 182 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 03:18 AM UTC
Hi
I used Masterclub T-55 tracks and can't recommend them highly enough! Resin inividual links and pins means they're workable after with a little care.All you have to do now is figure out whether you want OMSH or RMSH type tracks,clickable or pins. The Barrel Store in Canada sells them,and their service is top notch
Mike
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 03:22 AM UTC
I'd go with the Trumpeter tracks as well, either the indy links or the workable ones. The indy links are the same as the ones they include in the early T-62 kits and they couldn't be easier to build.

Erik
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 04:01 AM UTC
Friul's are in-stock at Ministuff (Sweden):
http://www.ministuff.se/sv/fotoets-pipor-och-resintillbehor/friulmodel/t-545562.html

Cheers,
/E
koalorka
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 06:00 PM UTC
The Modelkasten's are out of production, which is a shame, as I'm in need of a nice set for my Soviet T-55 build.
LtCrow
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 02:08 AM UTC
thx for replies all. Instead of starting a new thread about barrels I'll just shot the question here instead. Now the shop Erik pointed me to have metal barrel from RB model but I found another swedish shop that sells the ABER one. Wich one do you all recommend from those 2?

Cheers
Panzer-Ole
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi Stefan

Perhaps this link can help you?

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/t55/t55_barrels.html

Ole
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Stefan-

As an alternative in case you can't find the Friul or Modelkasten tracks you are looking for, you might consider using the Trumpeter T-54/T-55 workable tracks. I just used a set of the Trumpeter 1946 580mm Trumpeter tracks on a Tamiya T-55 that I'm backdating to a T-54. They look great, fit great and were very easy to work with...the worst part was cleaning up the spots where they were cut from the sprues. They also don't cost as much as the other tracks you mentioned. Hope this helps.

Hi, Stefan! I agree with Bill- The TRUMPETER Workable Track Sets will cost you A FRACTION of their competitors' offerings, with comparable accuracy...
LtCrow
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:36 PM UTC
Well I got the Friul from the page Erik linked. Costed roughly 36-37$. Dunno what the trumpeters cost here in sweden(haven't found any), but I'm guessing with freight from another country I'll end up at about the same price. The build is some time in the future yet, but I'll try and remember to post some pic's of the model when it's finished. Thanks for all advice, I'm sure in the future I'll have some more questions.

Cheers
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 03:35 AM UTC
You got a good buy on those Friuls, they are lovely to work with. I've gone with the Trumpeter ones myself because the cost of Friuls is more than double the Trumpeter tracks here.
Removed by original poster on 07/16/13 - 15:59:13 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP