Hosted by Darren Baker
Modern camo schemes & UN vehicles
thehermit
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 171 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 01:45 PM UTC
I know this may be a broad stroke to throw out, but does anyone have ideas where to find "urban" camo schemes for APC's, mobile guns, etc, and UN "white" pics for same type of vehicles...? I'm finishing a couple kits for the US Nats, and want to try something completely different.

Pics of tanks would be good as well. I have found a couple here and there, but there HAS to be some more authoritative types lurking on this ere site...?

regards,

thehermit
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:07 PM UTC
A broad stroke for sure.

If you can narrow down your scope and provide some info on your selected projects you might get some good results to your question instead of just shots in the dark without any details provided.

What projects are you finishing?

Are you doing an accurate vehicle or simply a "what if" with an urban scheme?

What are you looking for with UN vehicles? Do you want just generic white AFVs with UN markings or a specific nation or a specific UN mission?

If you are looking at an M1128 MGS you won't find one in UN markings or an "urban" scheme.

If you are looking for UN tanks then just Google "UN Tank"...Danish, French, African Union...and a few others....and lots of APCs and other AFVs.

Have you considered the pattern used on the Berlin Brigade Chieftains?
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 08:40 PM UTC
French Army VBLs can be found in UN white :

and a few from the 1st Spahis Regiment had been temporarily painted in "Urban" camo in 2002-2003 :

H.P.

thehermit
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 01:35 PM UTC
Well sir, I am thinking of a "what if" theme to be truthful, as I am tired of looking at "green" or "sand" camo stuff. So just for fun, I thought I might like to do a French LeClerq MBT in the blue, grey, sand multiple squares like the pics below of the VBL. As for UN stuff, I was thinking of doing a Italian 4x4 Puma, and wanted some reference for "dirtying" it up a tad. I'm thinking that most of my ideas lean towards "what ifs", as I have seen precious little so far in my limited search, that suggest any "urban" schemes on the vehicles I like to build.

Thanks for the help chaps and if you think of anything, please feel free to email me direct. I realize I can surf and hunt around for stuff, just thought it would be quicker if somebody already knew some sites, pics, etc.

thehermit....besides, I'm getting old and lazy...
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 02:11 PM UTC
The world is your oyster...or a perogy if you live in Manitoba...if you are doing a "what if" scheme.

From my limited precious time spent searching for you....

UN Puma in Lebanon...

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/thread/3841/italian-puma-4x4-afv-35

You could use this Leopard demonstrator as a basis for your scheme...

Here's an industrial mock up of an advanced version of the Leclerc sporting an urban scheme...

Good luck with your projects!!!
thehermit
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 02:19 PM UTC
YOWZA...!!! PERFECT mate. That last mockup put the lid on it. THAT is definitely the way I wanna go. I might even add a little sandy colour to look like the VBL I found in a soft cover I didn't know I had.

THANKS again for the help, REALLY appreciate it. If I get a hit at the Nats, I will down a bubbly in your name... ...!!

Regards,

thehermit...BTW...I like my perogies pan fried with lots of onions...!
orangelion03
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 176 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 08:17 AM UTC
heres one that will drive you crazy if you attempt it.

_GOTOTOP