_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
backdating a churchill VII
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 02:12 AM UTC
I'm just getting set up to build again after a move and still have a lot of books in storage. So I'm hoping some of you can help me out .
I'm going to build the Tamiya Churchill but thought I'd backdate it a bit to a tank that would see action in Normandy or NWE...So far I've sanded the bulges off the front of the turret ..removed the three rectangular plates on the air intakes. and have found a new commanders hatch from an old KK Casting to use instead of the later(post-war?)hatch in the kit..
I've also removed the lip inside the turret that holds the roof plate and brought it down a bit ..This varied a bit because of the casting but it looked exaggerated , so I brought it down a bit ,while still having it stick up..
So have I missed something ? Does anyone know what casting numbers I should add to the turret? (I've seen the number for the later type turret with the bulges) but I'm sure the number is different on the earlier casting.
Also when I removed the three plates from the air intakes I left the details at the top ...should these be removed too?
So any help is appreciated ..If there is interest I might try to blog this ..

Rick
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 03:22 AM UTC
Any idea of markings and serial numbers would be great too..

Rick
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hi Rick,

I'll have a look and see what I can find. If Chris see this he can probably do the overview form memory

Look forward to the build.

Al
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 08:28 AM UTC
thanks Al!

Rick
 _GOTOTOP