_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter Chally 2
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 02:40 PM UTC
I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms as I struggle to build my wingy thingy and long for another armour model. Dropping into my local model shop to get some ali tube for the Meatbox I spotted a couple of Trumpeter kits - the Chally 2 and the AS90.

I had read some reviews of the Chally that were very critical of square wheels, off centre hub caps and excessive flash. But at half the price of the highly over-rated Tamiya range I decided to buy the Chally anyway. I am very impressed with the kit from just handling the parts and looking at the instructions. No sign of square wheels, and while there is some flash it is no more than any self respecting modeller should be able to handle.

It will be some time before I start building - must finish the Meatbox first - but I am looking forward to getting to grips with a big ugly tank again.

Feel better just having the box to look at! Sad state to be in given I had never even considered building armour this time last year.

Regards Dave
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 10:50 PM UTC
Hi Dave
In my opinion the Chally 2 is not one of trumpeters better kits,they seem to have improved with the AS90 kit and got even better with the Leopold.I'm not saying that it can't be made into a good model with a bit of work.I'm actually looking forward to their Chally 2 OP Telic kit.
Regards
Pete
 _GOTOTOP