_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Winter M43 field cap
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 - 03:35 AM UTC
Just got some Hornet heads and they come with what looks like M43 caps for winter use,Were these caps the same colour as the normal M43s?

Did a Google but no results come up.
Thanks

Karl
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got some Hornet heads and they come with what looks like M43 caps for winter use,Were these caps the same colour as the normal M43s?

Did a Google but no results come up.
Thanks

Karl

IIRC these hats were made of skins like the often seen vests or coats around the Kharkov time frame so the outside would be anywhere from loght cream to dark tan or light brown . Same with the fur.
Of course I could be totally wrong and often am(which I am reminded of constantly)
J
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 - 05:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

IIRC these hats were made of skins like the often seen vests or coats around the Kharkov time frame so the outside would be anywhere from loght cream to dark tan or light brown . Same with the fur.
Of course I could be totally wrong and often am(which I am reminded of constantly)
J

So its more of a sheepskin colour with a cream colour fur?

Thanks for that.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 - 10:34 PM UTC
I've seen a few of these style winter caps in references (no names or designations for them though) and the majority seem to be lined with rabbit fur which in the examples shown seems to be light to dark brown with a bit of cream and grey. Most of the felt material seems to be field grey but I believe they did come in a variety of colors as Jerry pointed out.
 _GOTOTOP