_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
not a Dragon rant
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 01:44 AM UTC
This is not a Dragon rant as I constantly buy Dragon products, but it is a criticism. I've noticed in recent German figure sets there is a claim on the box corner "with Gen ll equipment", which I would call a major bending of the truth. If any one remembers the original Gen ll sets, weapons came with two bolts - a choice of open or closed. Gas mask containers were in 3 pieces and were hollow so they could be modeled open. Similar with water bottles - they had a separate hollowed cup. Ammo pouches with open flaps. And so on. And the items were crisp and well-detailed. What Dragon calls "Gen ll" now, is none of that. If you want real Gen ll equipment now you have to look for the original Gen ll figure sets which are getting hard to find. Is this just another example of Dragon's austerity program, giving less for more? Some of their recent figure sets are so bad they don't even look like Dragon figures. They look more like the molds were bought from some inferior company. The set of Arnhem figures with 2 wounded panzer troopers and 2 other guys is a perfect example - the figures are hideous!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 02:36 AM UTC
They are also doing away with Magic Tracks. Their new models are all DS tracks.
IamTJones
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 02:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They are also doing away with Magic Tracks. Their new models are all DS tracks.

The New releases for June/July have actually been about 50/50 DS and magic tracks.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 05:21 AM UTC
I noticed the figure quality in my last review. No sharp features or details. Everything seemed "rounded", and there were prominent sink marks. Dragon have released some really stunning figures in the past, so I really wonder what is up. Even the plastic felt different.
 _GOTOTOP