_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Techniques
Diorama techniques and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Rubble
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 08:07 AM UTC
My first attempt at making rubble ! lol
sopmod89
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 09:59 PM UTC
lol love it, had a meaty leg .
BigDaddybluesman
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 10:40 PM UTC
Everything looks good but the human body parts. They do not look like that. When a person gets blown up the remains are torn and tatters. Just bloody flesh with rags of clothing drenched in blood. Kind of like bloody chop meat wrapped in clothes. It's not pretty nor artistic really. But the rest looks very good.

Things like boots and any weapons get blown off the body, sometimes with feet and hands attached. Skin can be void of flesh in some parts and parts of the flesh burnt. It depends on the type of explosion or what type of ammo the subject got hit with. The larger caliber the more damage, the more incendiary effect the more burning of the subject and surrounding area.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 - 01:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Everything looks good but the human body parts. They do not look like that. When a person gets blown up the remains are torn and tatters. Just bloody flesh with rags of clothing drenched in blood. Kind of like bloody chop meat wrapped in clothes. It's not pretty nor artistic really. But the rest looks very good.

Things like boots and any weapons get blown off the body, sometimes with feet and hands attached. Skin can be void of flesh in some parts and parts of the flesh burnt. It depends on the type of explosion or what type of ammo the subject got hit with. The larger caliber the more damage, the more incendiary effect the more burning of the subject and surrounding area.

Yup,I can tell you've been there.
J
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 - 06:12 AM UTC
i agree....without going into the body parts aspect, the rest looks good. however, when you do rubble piles, you want to make sure you make them "less tidy". currently, it looks as if the pile has been placed, and all surrounding areas have been cleaned up, except for the pile. rubble is going to be strewn about with quite a bit of dust everywhere.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 03:06 AM UTC
lol ok , so here's my diorama idea. It's far from done but you get the idea.
It's called "Where is Fritz? He's never around when we reload"
lol
PS- Fritz is in the rubble pile.
Kira_Yamato
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 03:19 AM UTC
WOw,fantastic work,sir.Can you show me how to make rubble,please.I'm having trouble with rubble since I begin building my 1st Diorama

Kira
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

WOw,fantastic work,sir.Can you show me how to make rubble,please.I'm having trouble with rubble since I begin building my 1st Diorama

Kira

Kira, I've sent you a PM! Check your inbox!!

Cheers

Romain

Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 06:21 PM UTC
Just curious....how did Fritz get blow up & end up in the pile of rubble?
Cheers,
Joe
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just curious....how did Fritz get blow up & end up in the pile of rubble?
Cheers,
Joe

hhmmmm....ahh....when they backed up the Stug , they ran into the wall as fritz was acting signal man? lol
That's not fritz's meaty leg lol I have no idea where that bloody stump came from !
communityguy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 01:42 AM UTC
As others have said, pile looks a bit like someone has swept up the contents into the corner. The pile itself looks pretty good, but I'd suggest two additional bits of work:

* Bigger pile, cascading from wall. One thing I've been noticing as I research this kind of damage is just how much of it there is. If you look at bombed out buildings, the piles seem to start at or near the top of the closest wall and cascade down to the ground.

* There's a lot of dirt, but not enough brick. Consult the research photos and you'll notice vastly more bricks than you would expect to see.

Good work! Keep going!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC
The rubble in iteself looks good .... probably should have more dust and some parts of the walls not broken into small fractions?
When I see this rubble, it looks like a tidy pile that was dug up to get at an underground pipe. Considering it is the whole face of a two storey house that fell here, there should be way more rubble ... coming out through the door as well, roof tiles, timber roof frame, guttering, etc?
Sorry if this sounds critical .... the idea is just to explore how it can be bettered.
Kira_Yamato
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kira, I've sent you a PM! Check your inbox!!

Cheers

Romain

oops, I forgot the inbox noti,your note is very helpful.I'm also trying to collect some sand and Bricks.Funny things is There are several construction site near my house but now I wonder how I gonna paint the whole building :v
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 08:00 AM UTC
I paint my buildings/ruins with cheap DIY colours. They dilute in water, mix easily and dry completely matt!

Cheers

Romain

parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kira

Rubble is cheap and easy.Just keep thinking 1/35 when your out and about.My brotherinlaw was replacing a ceramic floor and had to cut up the original,nice small pieces,I have a bag of it that will last for years.Small peices of balsa wood and I believe I got it from Shep Paine,is KITTY LITTER.Perfect scale,looks good and absorbs diluted glue.

Tom
 photo 006.jpg
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 11:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Kira

Rubble is cheap and easy.Just keep thinking 1/35 when your out and about.My brotherinlaw was replacing a ceramic floor and had to cut up the original,nice small pieces,I have a bag of it that will last for years.Small peices of balsa wood and I believe I got it from Shep Paine,is KITTY LITTER.Perfect scale,looks good and absorbs diluted glue.

Tom
 photo 006.jpg

Nice!! I like!
I will take all these suggestion's & continue with my diorama , adding more rubble. Poor fritz .
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 12:06 AM UTC
Here's the tank painted & ready. I put it in another rubble base I made.
 _GOTOTOP