_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Steady
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:12 AM UTC
A 1/35 vignette of a Gebirgsjager mortar team.

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 08:23 PM UTC
Nice little vignette Gerry! Interesting topic too!!

If you allow me just one remark: those guys would not put their rifles out of reach to the back...while f.ex. they keep the entrenching tool close at hand (without any intention to dig in -good luck with that in the mountains anyway- or fight in close combat -what are they firing their 60s at then.)

Cheers

Romain

gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 07:44 AM UTC
[quote]Nice little vignette Gerry! Interesting topic too!!

If you allow me just one remark: those guys would not put their rifles out of reach to the back...while f.ex. they keep the entrenching tool close at hand (without any intention to dig in -good luck with that in the mountains anyway- or fight in close combat -what are they firing their 60s at then.)

Cheers
Romain

Romain

Thanks for looking and the positive comments.

I see what you mean about the rifles although they may be training and there is no present danger.

The entrenching tool was just with the kit so I included it.

Cheers

Gerry
C[ ]
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2013 - 01:51 AM UTC
I always check in on all of your work when you post it. What is cool about it is the fact that every new piece is better than the last. That is my favorite thing about your posts,seeing the big improvement every time and this is no exception as it shows how much better you painting and groundwork has gotten.
I agree with Romain about the placement of articles but this is a small thing to fix in the future. Don't feel too bad because even well known builders like Verlindon make these mistakes all of the time.
The spade is very well painted and has nice detail but I think the model maker included part of the carrier on the tip of the spades' blade. I don't think much digging would be done with it like that?
I do like the way you showed the empty spade carrier ,nice touch. And nice chipping on the rucksack frames as well. Nice vignette Gerry!
J
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 01:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I always check in on all of your work when you post it. What is cool about it is the fact that every new piece is better than the last. That is my favorite thing about your posts,seeing the big improvement every time and this is no exception as it shows how much better you painting and groundwork has gotten.
I agree with Romain about the placement of articles but this is a small thing to fix in the future. Don't feel too bad because even well known builders like Verlindon make these mistakes all of the time.
The spade is very well painted and has nice detail but I think the model maker included part of the carrier on the tip of the spades' blade. I don't think much digging would be done with it like that?
I do like the way you showed the empty spade carrier ,nice touch. And nice chipping on the rucksack frames as well. Nice vignette Gerry!
J

Jerry

Thanks for looking and the positive comments.

It's good to hear that one is improving in the eyes of other modelers. Much appreciated,

Cheers

Gerry
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 05:17 AM UTC
The only constructive criticism I have has to do with the crush caps. The figure on the right has a hole in his, while the other has a bump on his.
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only constructive criticism I have has to do with the crush caps. The figure on the right has a hole in his, while the other has a bump on his.

Matt

Thanks for looking and the constructive criticism.

I missed that detail well spotted

I will sort it out

Cheers

Gerry

_GOTOTOP