_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Jagdpanther Diorama First Submission!
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 - 03:28 PM UTC
My first 1/35 model and dio and my FIRST ARMORAMA SUBMISSION! I have not idea what I'm doing on this site but here's my first diorama using DML 6494 and VP's Normandy Farm Gate and SS Grenadiers at rest. I wanted to depict a casual scene with a Jagdoanther from Schwere Panzerjeager Abt. 654 in France during 1944 with a small SS panzerknacker team resting on the outskirts of a farm next to a stream. I hope veiwers enjoy and offer feedback!

I hope I did this right lol. Thank you in advance, for any comments and feedback! Cheers from Missouri USA!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 - 11:02 PM UTC
Wow Nathan,with 158 views and no comments on your first posting,I just have to say something.Welcome to the forum,and thanks for contributing,it takes some courage to submit something for inspection.i'm certainly no expert,but I really like your dio,the figures look good.The only point of suggestion I can make is that your treads seem to be floating above the uneven groundwork,I have seen some builders mold the treads ahead of time into the groundwork so that they conform better.But excellent effort.Better than any dio attempt I have made for sure.Keep posting.
medicman
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 - 11:15 PM UTC
Great job! ground work and models look real nice! If i could figure out how to post pictures to the site would love to share mine! I have that very kit "on deck"
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 561 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 - 11:21 PM UTC
Nice job mate

I've no experience of dio's, but I know that type of camo must be tricky. How did youget the consistent line thickness.I've tried in the past and given up. well done
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 01:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow Nathan,with 158 views and no comments on your first posting,I just have to say something.Welcome to the forum,and thanks for contributing,it takes some courage to submit something for inspection.i'm certainly no expert,but I really like your dio,the figures look good.The only point of suggestion I can make is that your treads seem to be floating above the uneven groundwork,I have seen some builders mold the treads ahead of time into the groundwork so that they conform better.But excellent effort.Better than any dio attempt I have made for sure.Keep posting.

That has been my experience on armorama as well lately. Boatloads of views and little in the way of comments.
Nice little dio here. Good subject and well arranged pieces. Nice groundwork. Don't be afraid to post buddy. There is no "wrong answer" here.
Kind of puzzled by the tankbusters wearing the steel pots though? Soldiers at rest get rid of those first! Believe me.
J
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 568 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 02:48 AM UTC
I love building dios. Well done Nathan very interesting scene. Love the water feature, I agree with Jerry, bare heads for relaxing soldiers defo. For a 1st attempt this is excellent.
A tip, if you build a vehicle with tracks on, impress them into the base when it is soft. This will stop the appearance of the tank floating on air. I use spare tracks for this purpose as I don't need to worry about breaking etc.

Cheers Pete
minas-ithil
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 224 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 02:51 AM UTC
Nathan,
An excellent first effort. I really like the groundwork, especially the waterplants aroung the streambed. Other that the often mentioned 'floating tracks', this is an excellent scene, especially for a first effort. Keep up the good work!

Stephen - Minas-Ithil
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 04:55 AM UTC
First off welcome.Outstanding Dio.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts