_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy 1/35 M1126 Stryker
supersxvmoto
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 04:03 AM UTC
First saw this on ebay and thought it was a joke

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACADEMY-1-35scale-model-kit-1-35-U-S-ARMY-M1126-ICV-STRYKER-13284-/111135066354?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19e02a88f2

but it looks it is real(I didn't saw earlier any news about this relase).

http://www.academy.co.kr/1p/1p_plaview.asp?pView=PLA0000002&pCode=864&pScale=SCALE00001
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 04:13 AM UTC
It says "Plastic injected parts by AFV Club".. so, they probably just took AFV Club's kit and added to it some PE and decals.

Hisham
supersxvmoto
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 04:16 AM UTC
Yes, Hisham you are right. I was so excited it was something new that I didn't saw AFV logo.

Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 04:19 AM UTC
It would be crazy for any company to do a Stryker after AFV Club and Trumpeter's Strykers... unless they do one with full interior or with plastic slat

Hisham
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 04:29 AM UTC
if it´s cheaper than the original AFV Club, it might be an option. The kit still despicts an early model M1126 ca. 2006
Rings over CTIS on all 8 wheels, old model DVE, no LRF on M151 RWS. No improvement over the original one. Too bad.

Hans Hermann
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 05:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... unless they do one with full interior or with plastic slat

Hisham

now thats a great idea
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 05:38 AM UTC
Hey Jamal, how's things in Beirut?

I remember GAOYUE who was one of the R&D guys at Trumpeter said clearly that they were working on a Stryker with plastic slat. Then he disappeared from the site and nothing else was said about it again. I wonder what happened to him... and the slat project

Hisham
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Jamal, how's things in Beirut?

I remember GAOYUE who was one of the R&D guys at Trumpeter said clearly that they were working on a Stryker with plastic slat. Then he disappeared from the site and nothing else was said about it again. I wonder what happened to him... and the slat project

Hisham

Beirut, it's the same sh#t, I was having dinner with my friend who is leaving tommorow to work in ksa, months ago I said goodbye to 2 of my best friends who left for dubai and my cousin to abu dhabi, lots of people are applying for jobs abroad or immigration, I was considering moving to dubai too but then I said to myself "what im going to do with my stach" so i decided to stay ,
well, it was me who asked Gaoyue about the plastic slat and i remember his answer, but the giy just disappeared.
hope that things are better in egypt.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 09:46 AM UTC
I know what you're talking about.. a lot of the younger people here in Egypt are trying to look for work elsewhere.

The situation in Egypt is seriously strange.. we have the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists who have overtaken a whole neighborhood.. and now are raising the flag of Al-Qaeda and they're saying that this will be their new flag from now on... and the really strange part is that all the Western governments are defending them!!!!!! I wish somebody could explain to me why on earth Obama and the US ambassador here insist on defending Al-Qaeda terrorists who are killing innocent Egyptians every day!!!! We're talking surreal here!!!

Everybody in the West thinks that the Egyptian population is split in half, and it's not. These Brotherhood terrorists and their families and supporters are no more than 2 million... out of a population of 90 million! It's gotten so bad that anytime the Brotherhood scum try to demonstrate somewhere.. the residents of that neighborhood kick them out. The whole population is against them.. so it won't be long before they are gotten rid of.

Anyway, sorry for getting into politics, just had to get that off my chest

Back to models and fun stuff I hope GAOYUE knew what he was talking about back then!

Hisham
 _GOTOTOP