_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Online Suppliers For Pigments Etc.
gkedwards
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 02:55 PM UTC
I have been trying to find a good, dependable, reasonable, online supplier for different painting and weathering supplies. I ordered some stuff from Michigan Toy Soldier Company, and tried to get back into their web store today, but got an unsafe website warning when I tried to login, that makes me a little sweaty, to say the least.

Can anyone please give me an idea of a few solid suppliers that have a large selection of AK Interactive products. I have ordered from Spru Bros. in the past few weeks and they have a big selection of Tamyia, and Vallejo stuff but no AK Int. that I could find.

The closest LHS doesn't carry much weathering stuff. They like to special order everything for goodness sakes. Heck I can order it my darned self, ..... if I can find dealer that has a nice inventory on hand. I was sure hoping Mich Toy Soldier would work out, they had a killer inventory, most any paint stuff that you could think of.

Any info would be appreciated.

Greg
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 521 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 03:00 PM UTC
Stevens international , aka AAA Hobbies in Magnolia NJ . They said the will do mail orders give them a try.
gkedwards
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 03:11 PM UTC
Much obliged, I'll try them out.

Thanks
gkedwards
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 03:21 PM UTC
I just went to the AAA website but it's very vague. Did some research on them and they got a bunch of very bad reviews on customer service.

Ok.....I went to the Stevens website, I got it. The reviews were on the walk-in store employees, I guess.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 03:43 PM UTC
Greg, AK interactive USA is my recommendation. Iain is a great person to deal with, shipping is quick and he carries other items too (RB Model, Friulmodel).

AK USA
gkedwards
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 04:22 PM UTC
Thanks James, I'll check them out too. I need some paint and effects and a needle bearing for my Badger 150. I noticed that Stevens has those instock and they were actually pretty reasonable. I appreciate the help, it's good to have some reliable online sources to deal with when you can't find what your looking for locally.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 521 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 05:31 PM UTC
They are a rude lot, until you get to know them.
 _GOTOTOP