_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
1/35 scale USAF SPs from other figures
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hi! I'm another ex-USAF Security Policeman trying to build a few models of the vehicles I crewed/patroled in...For my first couple of years, I wore the olive drab OG-507 "fatigue" uniform, and can't find any 1/35th-54MM figures in that scheme. I figure someone has customized something along that line from either Tamiya, or Dragon figures...Anybody want to give a brother a clue? The project I'm researching now is a 1981 Jeep CJ that I patrolled the missile fields of North Dakota in the 80's...Baseline kit is a Monogram Jeep Snap Tite Renegade in 1/32nd. LOTSA work involved in backdating it to a standard issue MIL vehicle...Thanks!
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 01:03 PM UTC
Ummm, did I make a faux pas and not find the "introductions" section? If so, well, I am sorry...
TacticalSquirrel
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 538 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 01:25 PM UTC
Would nam era figures work?
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 02:21 PM UTC
I was kinda hoping some figure painting guru would point me to some figures wearing "tucked in" fatigue shirts...Alas, I'm probably going to carve off the shirt tail that goes between the canteen belt, on the jungle fatigues...Missile cops didn't wear BDUs until the late 60's...
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 02:28 PM UTC
I converted a Vietnam figure in jungle fatigues into a Marine in OG-507 fatiguesa while ago. I cut off the thigh pockets and the shirt tails. I added a belt and belt loops from 0.010 strip styrene. I also carved off the suspenders and pistol belt and reworked the pockets to be pointed. He came out pretty nicely. It wasn't too hard either. Sorry, I didn't take any pics of him.
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 02:44 PM UTC
Sounds like thats where I'm headed...I was planning to delete the harnesses, too...SAC was pretty ridgid about gear commonality, so we wore what we brought to guardmount...Canteen belt with two nylon mag pouches, first aid pouch used to hold handcuffs...Response team member wore the portable radio. Leader used the mobile radio...Pretty spartan, compared to today's equipment...Thanks, Gino...
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 03:56 PM UTC
Hi Fellow SP,

I recently found in my figure stash 4 metal figures wearing beret. Two with M-16's , One M-60 and one with a M-79. I plan to do an SP AirBase Ground Defense Fire Team. I hope to replace the M-79 with a M-203.'
I served 1974 - 1994, Missle and Flight Line Security as well as ABDG and TNT Teams.

3 Cheers for our SP's,
milvehfan
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2013 - 01:37 PM UTC
Hey there, fellow SP...Who sez cops can't build models? GRIN

I sawed the heads off a couple of British 70's figures for beret, and shaved off the tails/thigh pockets on some Dragon figures...They'll do, I guess...

Snagged some SAS Jeep resin tyres off E Bay, lightbars from policecarmodels.com...The build begins next week...A sidenote: At a garage sale Saturday, I found a 1977 CJ5 absolutely STOCK, down to the whiplash seats! I tried to climb in, but my busted up knee wouldn't bend to rise up to the floorpan...You can't go home again, after 30 years, I guess...
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 - 02:56 PM UTC
Seriously...Isn't there an easier way to post a photo here?
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 01:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously...Isn't there an easier way to post a photo here?

Upload your photos to Photobucket. Go to the photo you want, look on the right side at the links menu and select and copy the "IMG" link.

Paste the "IMG" link directly into your post here.

You can also do the same thing just by mousing over the thumbnail image in your "Bucket" or other album. Click the little "Tools" icon in the upper right corner (looks like a "gear") and select "Get Links" from the drop down menu. Then select and copy the "IMG" link and paste that into your post here.

If you'll scroll down on the Forums page here, you'll see the block with the "Network Forums (all sites)" and there is an entire "Photography" forum with several threads with more detailed info for the steps using different photo hosting sites.

HTH,
Removed by original poster on 07/07/14 - 12:45:08 (GMT).
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 - 12:44 AM UTC
Finally got this 'lil conversion done...A tribute to my days with the 91st Missile Security Sqdn., Minot AFB, North Dakota...Backdated the Monogram CJ-7 OOP kit, to a stock SAC issue CJ...Frankenfigures are part Tamiya/Dragon, with DML weapons from the Vietnam issue set...Decals were custom made by TSDS, whose owner just recently passed away, RIP Henry Prentiss, and Thank you, sir...Light bar/siren was from policecarmodels.com...Wheels were Legend Production SAS Jeep tires...Maximum speed, 45 paved, 25 gravel!
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 08:53 AM UTC

A1C "Hudson's" office: 40MM grenade can and duffle behind the seat...ALICE pack on back seat...Passenger door will be open, so that you can see detail...
Removed by original poster on 07/08/14 - 20:57:34 (GMT).
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 09:05 AM UTC

Amn. "Dyer": Frankenfigure from Dragon/Tamiya/etc. M-203 from DML Vietnam Weapons Set...
WARPEE
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 09:08 AM UTC

Sub assemblies test fitted/decals added...Weathering the old fashioned toothbrush/brown paint trick...
 _GOTOTOP