_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Hellcat crash landing.. "the hunting"
marcoaurelio
Visit this Community
Pordenone, Italy
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 09:15 PM UTC
Here my latest work..
Plants and leaves are homemade (paper), some are from my garden..
Only ferns are from an unpainted laser cut kit (paper).
Hellcat is an old hasegawa kit, 1/32 scale. Figures are from Tamiya Japanese infantry set and PJ Production (US pilot).
What do you think about?

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 02:25 AM UTC
Overall I like it. The ground work is nicely done. The airplane is painted and weathered well. You dio tells an interesting story.

I do think that the airplane looks out of scale compared to the two figures. I am also surprised to see no damage to the left wing. Maybe its there and I just don't see it in the photos.
marcoaurelio
Visit this Community
Pordenone, Italy
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 04:03 AM UTC
Hi, thanks for comments.

Noooo.. us pilot is 1/32 scale.. Only the Jap is 1/35 but I don't see a really noticeable difference.. in my opinion.
The left wing has no damage, let's say that the greatest damage was suffered in flight.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 01:24 PM UTC
I like the damaged tail and the groundwork a lot. On the other hand I think the highlighted panel lines are a bit heavy and there should be lots of mud clumped on the bottom of the plane and over the wings as it slid in on jungle wet ground. The props would be seriously bent back or even torn off.The decals look like they were freshly painted on AFTER the crash. My comments are just something for you to think about changing and not to put you down. It is a very nice dio. Thanks for sharing.
marcoaurelio
Visit this Community
Pordenone, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 06:14 AM UTC
Alfred,thank you very much!
Thanks for taking the time to leave some constructive comments.
You'are right, plane is still relatively clean!!
Some mud or dust can help me to improve the realism of the scene. Idem for decals.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 06:42 AM UTC
Marco,

I think the concept and layout is excellent. Anyone else see the snake?? Wonderful detail!

Yes, your groundwork is great.

I do not worry about mixing 1/32 and 1/35: I have posted many times regarding that it does not make any difference mixing 1/32 and 1/35 figures so long as the equipment (Guns; helmets; pouches, etc.) are the same size. I've even posted photos of soldiers in line with dramatic height differences.

Otherwise, I agree with most of what the others have posted. One thing I will suggest is that as the Hellcat wing folded, perhaps it would be more plausible that the wing separated at the pivot mechanism.

Aircraft wreck dioramas are very difficult to execute and I am impressed with anyone who has the guts to attempt one. Martin and Alfred's critiques have good council for your next attempt, which I hope we see soon!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 07:11 AM UTC
Nice work on a difficult subject. If the Japanese figure does bother you Airfix do a set of multi-pose japanese infantry in 1/32nd scale from memory.
marcoaurelio
Visit this Community
Pordenone, Italy
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 12:19 AM UTC
Thanks Frederick and Darren!!

Quoted Text

One thing I will suggest is that as the Hellcat wing folded, perhaps it would be more plausible that the wing separated at the pivot mechanism

Yes, you're right. But the "origin" of this diorama have a original history.. Hellcat is an old kit (i did it when i was fifteen years old), a few month ago the model has been dropped and I put my foot on it, breaking the wing. So started the idea of a crash landing. Sorry for my english.. I hope you understand!!!

p.s. There is also a spider.. On the big leaf (photo n.6)

_GOTOTOP