_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Strecher Case
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 08:03 AM UTC
A 1/35 vignette of a German strecher case being treated by a medic.

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 09:31 AM UTC
Hi Gerry,

you are really keeping us active!

and you are getting better and better! Little things can still make a big difference, like deepening the shadows to a real pitch black in the following areas

a bit like this (sorry, but computer drawing is not a strong point):

...not mentioning the fact that the uniform would never hold that angle while lying down, but that's another story.

Also the addition of an element like a fence or a wall alongside the stretcher could add drama (just a suggestion!) with another guy anxiously peering over looking for possible threats f.ex.....

Oh, forget all my comments and keep up the great job m8!!!

Cheers

Romain
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 10:19 AM UTC
Gerry,
You have come so far in just a short amount of time. This one is really good. Other than the suggestions that Romain came up with, I see nothing wrong. Great work!

Jesse
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 10:47 AM UTC
Gerry -

That new camera is paying off handsomely - the focus is no longer restricted to such a small area, and those sections not in sharp focus are still much clearer than previously. I'm guessing that you're making use of both the lens and a smaller aperture for the greater depth of field.

If you want to try a different lighting condition, shoot outside (not mid-day) with an appropriate background. With proper positioning of the camera and the vignette, you might be able to get it to blend into the background, and you could edit out the vignette base.

Charles
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 10:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gerry,

you are really keeping us active!

and you are getting better and better! Little things can still make a big difference, like deepening the shadows to a real pitch black in the following areas

a bit like this (sorry, but computer drawing is not a strong point):

...not mentioning the fact that the uniform would never hold that angle while lying down, but that's another story.

Also the addition of an element like a fence or a wall alongside the stretcher could add drama (just a suggestion!) with another guy anxiously peering over looking for possible threats f.ex.....

Oh, forget all my comments and keep up the great job m8!!!

Cheers

Romain

Romain

Thanks for looking and the much appreciated advice.

With regards to the jacket I understand what you are saying but this was an out the box build.

I still have to tackle the art of re sculpting which I am not very good at.

Cheers

Gerry
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gerry -

That new camera is paying off handsomely - the focus is no longer restricted to such a small area, and those sections not in sharp focus are still much clearer than previously. I'm guessing that you're making use of both the lens and a smaller aperture for the greater depth of field.

If you want to try a different lighting condition, shoot outside (not mid-day) with an appropriate background. With proper positioning of the camera and the vignette, you might be able to get it to blend into the background, and you could edit out the vignette base.

Charles

Charles

Thanks for looking and taking the time to reply.

I am enjoying using the new camera and I still have to try several new things with it.

I like your idea about shooting outside and getting the model to blend into the natural background. I will be trying that soon.

Cheers

Gerry
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gerry,
You have come so far in just a short amount of time. This one is really good. Other than the suggestions that Romain came up with, I see nothing wrong. Great work!

Jesse

Jesse

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Glad you liked it.

Cheers

Gerry
 _GOTOTOP