_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Ford T Driver - WW1
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 07:28 AM UTC
Alan McNeilly takes a look at the new Resicast WW1 Ford T Driver.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 09:07 AM UTC
Thanks for the review Alan. One major low comes to my mind immediately and that is this figure is very vehicle specific. No ... we are not burdened with a huge choice of WW1 vehicles either, but it would be nice to be able to use this guy with other vehicles, like the rolls royce as you mentioned. Im surprised they modelled him in the Ford T seat. This might have been as easy to model him without the seat, but fit it? On the other hand, it is a beautiful figure and I can imagine it would look great posed in the vehicle its meant for. Id almost conider buying the ford T and this figure just to pose them together.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 09:55 AM UTC
Hi Frank,

Yes, I had considered him for the Ford Draisine as well, then released he comes with a seat attached to his bum lol. Maybe they intend to release him in an altered format. I imagine the seat was necessary to get him fitted correctly to the vehicle. As you say with a shortage of figures in this scale the more versatile the better, but drivers especially usually have to be modeled vehicle specific otherwise they won't fit.

I got 2 with that purpose in mind. The seat is fairly easy to remove without any obvious adverse effects. I'll see how he fits in the Draisine as I have the parts washed and ready to start on.

Cheers

Al

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:43 AM UTC
Looking forward to more progress shots from both subjects. WW1 is seomthing that is growing on me a lot!!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hi Frank,

If you look at the kit seat you'll see it is quilted leather, hence the need for a new seat for the driver to sit correctly.

Cheers

Al

_GOTOTOP