_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
For Churchill fans, the tank not the man
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 11:58 AM UTC
I just noticed on Perth Military Modeling Society website that Cromwell models is coming out with a selection of resin Churchill kits early next year. Here is what PMMS has to say.

"A specially designed range of 1/35th scale complete resin kits covering the Churchill family to be launched in late Jan/early Feb 2004 leading up to the Trucks & Tracks show.
Initial releases will be;

6pdr Mk.111 & 1V
95mm Mk.V
75mm up-armoured Mk.V1
75mm NA75 (Sherman gun)
AVRE
Each kit will come with a different full figure sculpted for that variant.
These kits will only be available direct from Cromwell, they will not be sold through vendors, hence the price. (£55.00-£60.00 to be confirmed)
They will be made to order on a strict first come first served basis, advance orders being taken now. "

So 60 pounds is what, about $100 USD?

Hmmm... something to save for.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 12:09 PM UTC
For a resin kit, $100 is not too bad, however, what we need are conversion sets for the Tamiya Churchill. Churchills (if I can get Tamiya ones at reasonable prices, i.e. not the $40+ ticket prices here in Spain) may well be one of 2004's modelling projects for me... There was another manufacturer who was doing the Churchill conversions a few years ago, Petards, Mk.IIIs etc... Anyone know who they were?
It sounds positive, however Cromwell has not really produced much (in 1/35th) in the last few years, they seemed very much in the shadow of AA, this sounds like excellent news though, thanks for the heads-up....Jim
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 355 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 02:50 PM UTC
actually the price is'nt really that bad considering how large the churchill was,and i have to agree about cromwell they really seem to have slacked off a bit.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 05:41 PM UTC
Having still in the box for over a decade the old Tamiya Crocodile i d consider taking over one of these , another variant to build them as a family !!!
Mahross
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 837 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 06:37 AM UTC
Sounds great. Especially the NA 75. :-)
yorkie
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 101 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 03:02 AM UTC
The new Cromwell Churchill's are of early variants, which has a different hull from the Tamiya Churhill VII - narrower hull, differeent side hatches. So a full kit is more appropriate here.

I have reserved 2 AVRE. Still waiting for confirmation of the exact price and release date. But I guess 60-70 pounds would be acceptable for a full kit of such a large vehicle.
 _GOTOTOP