_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tomorrow Is 17 September, So...
Charleygnarlyp290
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 - 03:16 PM UTC
... I thought I would get started on my Staghound.

Operation Market Garden has always been an area of interest for me and seeing how tomorrow is the 69th anniversary of the beginning of the operation that was to shorten the war and "bring the troops home by Christmas," I figured it would be fitting to start this kit. Coincidentally, this is also the kit I am using for my first Group Build.

This is also my first foray into a brand other than Monogram (years ago,) Italeri (not as many years ago, but quite a few nevertheless,) and Tamiya (my go-to brand for most of my busiest modelling years.)

I had read a few reviews on the Bronco brand in general and the Staghound in particular, and since a deal on this kit came up that I couldn't pass on, I decided to give it a go.

My first impressions upon opening the box were quite favorable. The way the sprues are bagged separately is nice. The decal sheet seems to be a cut above what I usually work with, and the instructions look pretty decent.

Upon closer inspection, I see that there are some really tiny parts. This I like. Small parts do not intimidate me and I look forward to getting started. In looking at the parts closely it looks like everything is molded really well. I haven't seen anything untoward as far as flash and sink marks, but things could pop up later, as I get into construction.

I will be tackling another first with this kit: Photo etch. It doesn't look like too much is involved with this kit as far as photo etch goes, so it looks like a decent way to try it out.

As I progress I will make additional comments, and if anyone has any tips or suggestions, please chime in.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hey. I had to do a report on Operation Market-Garden last year for school. It turned out pretty well if I may say so... I will be following this build. Here's to it being successful.
 _GOTOTOP