_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
MasterClub T-54/55/62 OMSh tracks?
JimboHUN
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 443 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 07:24 AM UTC
Dear All,

I have just received my MasterClub T-54/55/62 OMSh track set MC135048W. This is made of resin, and using the pins provided it should be fully workable.

Well it only should be...

I have checked the links and almost all of the holes are stuck... I cannot get through even a wire with a smaller diameter. Is that normal, or is this just a bad luck for me? Or am I doing something wrong?

It is very annoying... It is "...fully workable after assembly. No glue required". Well not at all...

Cheers,

Adam
mokush
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 07:54 AM UTC
Hi!
You did nothing wrong. I had similar problem.
The other type (clickable) is not so clickable and falls to pieces.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 08:47 AM UTC
Adam ,, There is an easy but tedious way to fix your problem,,drill out the ends of the track blocks..yes its slow but since your drilling resin its not hard ,,white metal on the other hand is just plain annoying .
Just measure the hole and get a drill bit to match ...would recommend you use a pin vice and not a power drill to drill them out,,one slip and it could destroy the track block (done that before) .

Phill
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 10:59 PM UTC
I've got a set of their RMSh for my T72. they're really nice and worth it, tho tedious in assembling. you will need a finger twist drill and one of the smaller bits for the holes. with the right sized bit friction will keep the pins in place and remain fully workable. if, however, you should break the bit, as I did mine, using the next size up you'll need the tiniest dab of CA on the pin tip. the tracks will still be workable. some links'll need a bit of trimming where they attached to the plug. they also take paint quite well. be careful you don't lose any pins, as there're barely enuff to have any spares and the pins are kinda fragile. but still, well worth it for the look
 _GOTOTOP