_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
BackYardArmor
jackalone72
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 06:54 AM UTC
Hey Everybody,
I want to know has anybody done any buisness with www.backyardarmor.com because they have some amazing kits that blew my mind.I am thinking of buying one of those large scale 1/8 or 1/6 kits of theirs but I want know if they a legitamite buisnes or not.I might have to order over seas from the www.mark-1-tank.co.uk.This site has WW2 Tanks in 1/6 scale and they are not cheap. Any info would help.

Thank You
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 01:49 PM UTC
Are those big metal behemouths I've seen advertised for a couple of grand ? They sure do look great, how much do they weigh?
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 02:33 PM UTC
FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS??? Are you freaking kidding me???

At the very least, It better shoot 45 cal. live rounds. And I should be able to input my least favorite ex-wife's coordinates into the guidance system for complete destruction. (to make it worth the money)

Great googah-mooga fred....

glack
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 04:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Everybody,
I want to know has anybody done any buisness with www.backyardarmor.com because they have some amazing kits that blew my mind.I am thinking of buying one of those large scale 1/8 or 1/6 kits of theirs but I want know if they a legitamite buisnes or not.I might have to order over seas from the www.mark-1-tank.co.uk.This site has WW2 Tanks in 1/6 scale and they are not cheap. Any info would help.

Thank You

Yes, quite legit and have a rep for good service too.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"........ And I should be able to input my least favorite ex-wife's coordinates into the guidance system for complete destruction. (to make it worth the money)............."

...LOL!.......you crack me up! #:-)

Tread.

Just a thought kglack, to increase the 'entertainment' value.....incorporate one of those new-fangled 'smart' rounds where you can follow along it's flight path with a camera!!
(just for the record, the preceding statement was said by the evil Tread! )
Pigdog
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 08:29 AM UTC
I just got a 1/8 Panther from Mark-1-Tanks. I recommend him highly. Always quick to respond to E-mail questions no matter how dumb. Yes they're expensive, but tanks are supposed to be BIG. 1/16 th just dosent cut it. I have the 1/16th sherman also. Check the Mark-1 forums, I believe theres a post on the 1/8 metal Abrams. I think there were alot of problems with it.
 _GOTOTOP