_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
staghound photos
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 01:23 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help please with photos with Staghounds, in particular Stag hound II, that the 2 NZ Div used, I really need help with the 3" Howitzer, Smoke discharges, new hatches & cable drum holder on the turret.

Cheers Mike
Removed by original poster on 09/29/13 - 06:06:47 (GMT).
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 12:10 PM UTC
Thought there might be a few in Ampersand's Staghound book , only a couple I'm afraid , both Polish . The 4" smoke dischargers look to be the usual British pattern seen on all sorts of AFVs . The comanders hatch was turned 180' and had the periscope removed , hinges to the front . Bow mg removed and plugged , sorry no info on the cable reel . Great book by the way , lots of prototype/ production Staghound ,T17E2 ( twin 50 cal ) and Staghound III, in combat and interior pictures , great price too , going for $15 last time I checked. Sorry thats all i got
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 02:45 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for that it certainly gives me a starting point!!

Cheers Mike
D_J_W
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

Greetings from the other side of the pond Here are a number of links to the National Library of New Zealand that should be of some help.

Staghound I

Staghound I turret

Staghound I Note window-screen on the commander’s hatch.

Staghound II

Staghound II

Staghound II

Now there is a trick to viewing them in a decent size. Scroll down the page until you come to “See original record” click on that link and then click on “View archived copy online” and a new tab will open showing the photo and allowing you to zoom in on it. I hope this is of some help.

Cheers
David
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 11:18 AM UTC
Kia Ora David,
Thank you very much for that I was hoping someone from back home would chime in with some info!!
That 1st photo of the Staghound II, with General Freyberg & Prime Minister Fraser is the one I am hoping to make, so thanks very much for the link!!
Cheers Mike
 _GOTOTOP