_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
small dio sdkfz 251/17 Drilling
Yeti01012001
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 334 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 05:50 PM UTC
Here is my build for the Anti-aircraft campaign.

This is the AFV sdkfz 215/17 Drilling

The kit was a bit of a pain, body did not fit together to well and the construction of the gun was horredous. the brass barrels kept failing out and the ammunition was to ridget to glue to the ammo box and the gun. OR this could have been my novice building skills. Still need improvemnent on my figure painting

The dio is supposed to be the biker has gone to get food and comes back and discovers that all of his colleagues have gone.

sorry I cannot make the pictures bigger, but I thibk if you click them they will go bigger I am notg very good with computers

comments welcomed
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 07:21 PM UTC
I really like the hard edge camoflage on your 251, and the weathering looks very nice too. Maybe some crewmembers would make it look a bit more "alive".
Jacob
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 09:32 PM UTC

I like the composition and I think I remember reading about fit issues with the AFV club 251. If I can mention a couple of things that might improve the dio?
The weathering on the 251 is great but if you added some of that dust colour to the road surface it would tie the whole thing together more.
I would also continue the telephone lines using some rigid wire- as it is they look too self contained just stretched between two poles.

Quoted Text

The dio is supposed to be the biker has gone to get food and comes back and discovers that all of his colleagues have gone.

That doesn't really come across. There's no way for the viewer to know the back story unless you tell them.

Maybe if the bike was behind the halftrack and he soldier was looking in.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 12:31 AM UTC
I would have to agree with Pat ... theres not enough there, or the composition does not present the story, as you mentioned. Everything you did looks good though. Nice camo on the 251 and the bike, figure and pig look good.
I would also suggest giving more attention to the groundwork. Its very flat. You could have used walls or fences behind the 251 to add both colour and also a natural background. Some posters and foilage could have added to the scene ... which would have added more colour into a very dark and monotone base.
All this may lead one to think that theres a lot wrong here, which is not the case. There is a lot of positives with the model, but when calling it a diorama, it appears that all the effort went into vehicles and the base was done quickly to set them on. The base should get as much attention in my opinion.
Yeti01012001
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 334 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 07:28 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments,

I will have to look in my bit and bobs box and look for some buckets, bottles and some poster to add , aswell as adding some more whather to the floor

easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 03:24 PM UTC
very nice! Me like!
 _GOTOTOP