_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
All New Magach 6B Gal Batash
Isherman
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 10:01 AM UTC
A New dedicated 1/35 scale kit of the IDF Magach 6B Gal Batash Has been announced by Academy

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
mikado
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 03:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A New dedicated 1/35 scale kit of the IDF Magach 6B Gal Batash Has been announced by Academy

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

I...AM...SO...HAPPY...with this news...
I...AM... WAITING...WITH...LOTS...OF EXCITMENT...

Any ideal of the release date ?
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 04:24 PM UTC
I'll take 2 please
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 06:01 PM UTC
now this is nice
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 06:13 PM UTC
Looks really cool, I assume they will release other versions too. I'll have to build my Ma'gach 7C with legend conversion faster, before they release that...

Kind regards, Sven.
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 10:49 PM UTC
Nice to have some background information:
Desert Eagle Publication No. 1 + 4 by Michael Mass - I have them both

http://www.deserteagle-publishing.com

Michael
agtquimi
Visit this Community
Burgos, Spain / España
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 02:39 AM UTC
All new??, it only says NEW PARTS, so we must asume that is the old kit with new parts, what a deception
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All new??, it only says NEW PARTS, so we must asume that is the old kit with new parts, what a deception

What deception??? Maybe a poor choice of words by Dave when posting the news article, but I doubt he did it with malice in mind.

It is standard practice for model companies to update or add to older molds to come up with new versions. What's wrong with that? It is actually cheaper to do that than to completely make a new version from scratch.

From all I have read on this so far, the hull and running gear are older parts with the turret and some other parts being new molds.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 03:06 AM UTC
I'll be all over this like........
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What deception??? Maybe a poor choice of words by Dave when posting the news article, but I doubt he did it with malice in mind.

It is standard practice for model companies to update or add to older molds to come up with new versions. What's wrong with that? It is actually cheaper to do that than to completely make a new version from scratch.

From all I have read on this so far, the hull and running gear are older parts with the turret and some other parts being new molds.

Not trying to play the role of public defender here, but I believe that Alvaro intended to mean other thing, and not an offense to the initial comment.
I guess he thaught on the Spanish word "decepción", that will translate to English as "disappointment", and not as "deception".
I think that this was what Alvaro meant with his comment: the disappointment about a not completely new kit, knowing the flaws of the old Academy's M60 ones.
Anyway, it is a nice addition for modern modellers!
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 06:15 AM UTC
Last month I was about to get the Legend Conversion for this one... Glad I didn't.

I'll have one for sure !!!!!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 06:20 AM UTC
I used M.R.Modelbau's suspension correction for the Academy kit. Once I did that and filled in the motorization holes, the lower hull isn't too bad. I'd prefer an all new kit, too but for now it will due. Plus isn't AFV Club's M60 coming soon? They do Israeli boxing too, so keep your fingers crossed.
heico1980
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 97 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 08:16 AM UTC
OMG Yes! IDF mbt's rock! But i hope they will addd the three mg's on the turret cause it's not on the boxart!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 - 12:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I used M.R.Modelbau's suspension correction for the Academy kit. Once I did that and filled in the motorization holes, the lower hull isn't too bad. I'd prefer an all new kit, too but for now it will due. Plus isn't AFV Club's M60 coming soon? They do Israeli boxing too, so keep your fingers crossed.

Hi, All! I'm sure that this new kit from ACADEMY will prove to be very popular with IDF and "Modern-Day" armor fans!

OFF Topic:

Don't hold your breath for AFV CLUB's M60. Up until about one-and-a-half months ago, AFV CLUB had listed an M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage (75mm) as a "FUTURE" kit. AFV CLUB showed the M8 in their "New Products" announcements FOR YEARS- ever since their first M5A1 (Early) kit came out. Now, in AFV CLUB's last few "New Products" announcements, the "FUTURE" M8 has become conspicuously absent.

I've given up waiting for the M8 to be released by AFV CLUB. The same goes for their "Dieppe" Churchill. They finally showed new box art for their M24 Chaffee, but it is a "Korean War" version. What happened to the WWII M24 kit that they've been advertising for as long as the "vanished" M8..? It took AFV CLUB FIVE YEARS to come out with their initial M5A1 (Early), and another long stretch of time before we saw the "late" version of the M5A1.

We've seen the same thing transpire with DRAGON, regarding an M3 Lee/Grant kit- Advertise the thing for a couple of years and then "Poof", it's gone without even a whimper...

I'm glad that I bought the excellent TMD M8 Conversion. It's a shame that the model manufacturers will show "future" kits in their ads to get our hopes up. Then they pull the rug out from underneath us and throw another re-box of old stuff at us!!!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 - 01:36 AM UTC
Spruebrothers has sprue shots on their Facebook page. (Sorry- late for work so I don't have time to do a screen grab of the pics)
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 - 02:13 AM UTC
Here's a pic from the Sprue Brothers Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/spruebrothers/photos_stream

Hisham
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 - 03:07 AM UTC
Thanks Hisham!
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 07:33 PM UTC
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but damn I want this kit! does anyone know what the release date is? and where can I pre order one?
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 07:48 PM UTC
It's already out in HK

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/cazaa2yccqwgibu2fm0r.html

Some pics you may have missed

http://www.academy.co.kr/eng/1p/1p_plaview.asp?pView=PLA0000003&pCode=887&pScale=SCALE00001

Hisham
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 08:10 PM UTC
I've just finished mine, will send some pics later this week. It's a cheap kit, no PE parts and vinyl tracks.
It's easy to build, but I'm a little disappointed by the tracks. Once finished, you don't see much of them so I decided to use them. The machine guns could be a little more detailed too. The decals are very good.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've just finished mine, will send some pics later this week. It's a cheap kit, no PE parts and vinyl tracks.
It's easy to build, but I'm a little disappointed by the tracks. Once finished, you don't see much of them so I decided to use them. The machine guns could be a little more detailed too. The decals are very good.

I'd really like to see some of the finished photo's! This kit is on my radar!
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 04:27 AM UTC
I'm waiting on mine now, ordered from Internet Hobbies (I know, probably not the brightest thing I ever did but I've had good service from them in the past) and have a spot on the bench cleared for it. All things considered, it's a reasonable replica and a heck of a deal, considering what a new Tamiya or Meng kit currently cost.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 05:00 AM UTC
IMHO this is exactly what we need - more kits that newer modelers (and even older ones with fading eyesight) need. No PE? No problem? Legend's conversion has all you need. Tracks not to your liking? Again, no problem! The "You get what you pay for" crowd will always buy replacement tracks anyway.
In talking on the phone with Raymond Chung two weeks ago, this is indeed the direction he wants to take his company, and even stated it in a post a fee days ago. Less complicated kits don't necessarily mean lesser quality. They DO mean less cost to produce, and less build time, allowing us to tackle those stashes.
By the way, if decide to get this kit, even though I have the Legend conversion, I'll still do it on the Esci hull
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 07:54 AM UTC
I like that philosophy. I build (note the word "build", not "buy") a lot of Academy kits, and buy Academy and others. I tend to buy kits that I actually build, on the whole. I like the building process, and while I have a couple of very complex by my standards kits, I get more enjoyment from building kits that are not as complex, while still being reasonably detailed and accurate. If I want to add tracks (usually do) or aftermarket and/or scratch enhancements, I'll do so, and enjoy myself.
My only real beef with Academy is that I truly wish they'd use something like Dragon's DS material for their tracks.

I have a couple of the Esci kits in the stash for hulls too. It's an easy bash.
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I'd really like to see some of the finished photo's! This kit is on my radar!

_GOTOTOP