_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
CMK´s LVTs - any info on those?
Mees76
Visit this Community
Brazil
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 11:35 AM UTC
Hello,
I´m having a hard time trying to find information about CMK´s LVT kits (LVT(A)-1 and LVT(A)-4). Anyone knows how they compare with Italeri´s offerings? Are they more accurate, specially in the wheels dimensions?
Thanks,
76Mees
bgcmd59
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 04:02 AM UTC
i have the (a)4 kit from cmk but have not built it yet. looks good.nice fine detail. decent instructions. the turret is finely cast with good detail, but interior hull detail is not an option... solid block with hatches cast shut. i also have the Trakz conversion.. the old one for the italeri lvt2, it includes the lvta4 upper hull (the newer conversion is for the italeri lvta4 and uses the kit upper hull). the cmk kits are available pretty cheaply on ebay, for about the same money as the trakz conversion alone, maybe cheaper. don't get me wrong, the trakz conversion sets (i've been hoarding them for a while) are awfully nice. i don't think you can wrong with either, but i look forward to other input as i have not looked into any dimensional accuracy issues.
bgcmd59
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 02:51 AM UTC
i made an error.. the trakz conversion uses the italeri lvt(a)1 not the lvt2.
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 - 07:35 PM UTC
Didn't AFV Club release a LVT some time ago? I think they also did the track set too. I built the Italiery kit, don't go there, unless you're ready for a major building project. The Verlinden detail set is not bad, it has a really nice engine and interier.
Jacob
 _GOTOTOP