_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Up Armored Scimitar LEP. with Bar Armor.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 11:01 PM UTC
Keith, did you know that AFV Club now makes individual CVR(T) track links? I've not seen them as I invested in Friuls before they were announced but they have to be a better option than the kit tracks. I just wish they would make the early solid idlers but Mike Shackleton is doing those now.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 02:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith, did you know that AFV Club now makes individual CVR(T) track links? I've not seen them as I invested in Friuls before they were announced but they have to be a better option than the kit tracks. I just wish they would make the early solid idlers but Mike Shackleton is doing those now.

I did know thanks but at this moment my distributor is waiting arrival of the late tracks. I have much more to work on so it would be fairly easy to cut these off and add them later.

I am hopeful anyway.

Keith.
majjanelson
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 05:21 AM UTC
Keith,

Your Scimitar is looking really good, but watch out for shiny fire extinguishers.

Hopefully, I'll be at the next club meeting to see it in person.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 05:27 PM UTC
Hello all.

With the front slats now in place I finished some of the hull details.
The registration numbers and Union (Jack) flag have been added and the fire extinguishers painted and the, how to use decals carefully applied.

I have added some rear mudflaps (damaged) and weathered the wheels, tracks and suspension. The rear armor suspension arms are now in place.

The upper slats are not as badly out of vertical as they look, the camera angle is not good, however these slats did and do get bent and damaged with the constant use.

The damaged rear mudflaps and reflector plates taken care of.

Removal of the flash between each of the individual slats is time consuming and care is needed in order to preserve the tiny vertical pins between the layers.

With a fine sanding of the rear of the slats using a Dremel tool I can thin the web down and then using a scalpel, cut out the leftover web from between each and every window.

Some of the rear hull slats are beyond redemption, broken and missing unfortunately and replacements not available, so I will scratch build replacements.

Having got this far I am not going to leave anything off.
Although some vehicles did operate without the small lower hull slats.

Keith.
 _GOTOTOP