_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Diorama SMILE!!!
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:28 AM UTC
This is my last diorama

for look more visit my blog
http://augustomotolo.blogspot.it/

Thanks
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hello friend Augusto, congratulations for your finished diorama and truly love your cool concept. I think that you already perform good building/assembling stage on every vehicles (not like me, lot of errors or incidental crack at many spots, frequently ) and also the figures. I believe that you will perform better in the future based on items as follows:

1. The "9" Tac number on Panzer.
I don't know whether the crew in the field were allowed to perform freehand-painting the Tac number like that or not. As far I know, such number was neatly painted with specific color and outline, unless they're captured by the enemy. Simply I can say, you may use decal given along with the kit set.

2. The exhaust pipe.
IMO, too much pastels on it and finally look as old-abandoned steel iron. You may reduce it gently or repaint with simple blend among burnt umber, burnt sienna, & red oxide. I fit with them and you may have better suitable composition. Just do trial and error

I have to take a look much longer onto your pics and ASAP I hope I can share everything to make your project becomes perfect. But, overall so far I can not say anything more, since you have talented skill on each figure detailing touch, interior of every vehicles, the groundwork, and of course: the idea!

Kind regards from Indonesia

Garry
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 04:04 AM UTC
Hi, Ricky,

For your info:

Yes! There is quite some photographed evidence for German crews repainting their ID's by hand.
So, this could have happened.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 04:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Ricky,

For your info:

Yes! There is quite some photographed evidence for German crews repainting their ID's by hand.

Ok, many thanks Paul. So, Augusto, you may ignore my first opinion related to your finished diorama and do research for any photographs that Paul belongs to.

Kind regards

Garry
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 08:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello friend Augusto, congratulations for your finished diorama and truly love your cool concept. I think that you already perform good building/assembling stage on every vehicles (not like me, lot of errors or incidental crack at many spots, frequently ) and also the figures. I believe that you will perform better in the future based on items as follows:

1. The "9" Tac number on Panzer.
I don't know whether the crew in the field were allowed to perform freehand-painting the Tac number like that or not. As far I know, such number was neatly painted with specific color and outline, unless they're captured by the enemy. Simply I can say, you may use decal given along with the kit set.

2. The exhaust pipe.
IMO, too much pastels on it and finally look as old-abandoned steel iron. You may reduce it gently or repaint with simple blend among burnt umber, burnt sienna, & red oxide. I fit with them and you may have better suitable composition. Just do trial and error

I have to take a look much longer onto your pics and ASAP I hope I can share everything to make your project becomes perfect. But, overall so far I can not say anything more, since you have talented skill on each figure detailing touch, interior of every vehicles, the groundwork, and of course: the idea!

Kind regards from Indonesia

Garry

Ciao Friend Gerry , if you look the photo in my blog you can known who this tank is from XX panzer division, a very veteran from Poland and France to Russia and the numbers is paint at hand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Panzer_Division_(Wehrmacht)
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 08:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Ricky,

For your info:

Yes in this case, the photos prove it
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ciao Friend Gerry , if you look the photo in my blog you can known who this tank is from XX panzer division, a very veteran from Poland and France to Russia and the numbers is paint at hand

Wow many thanks, I just know the fact from your thread and also can enrich my knowing about possibilities of Tac number freehand painting on German's WW II tank. I learn a lot and feel free to ignore my opinion related to the matter. Let me know when you share your another great job!

Kind regards

Garry
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 02:49 AM UTC
Thanks Jerry , your opinion is important and sure i overdid with the exhaust
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 - 07:50 AM UTC
Nice to see you back in the modelling world! Still think that Mortar Team dio last year was amazing. Looking forward to what's next!

-Conor
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 06:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice to see you back in the modelling world! Still think that Mortar Team dio last year was amazing. Looking forward to what's next!

-Conor

_GOTOTOP