_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
LRDG JEEP
53rdWelsh
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 - 06:49 AM UTC
Hi all
Just thought I would post some picks of a project aim working on , Tamiya jeep with black dog add ons ,figures are from various sources from my Gary army .
Intention is to put into shadow box .
Feed back and feed back always appreciated .
Cheers Chris

img src="https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/image528.jpg" />

de

Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 - 07:36 AM UTC
AFAIK this is more of an SAS jeep, LRDG jeeps were few and much more lightly armed and loaded.
53rdWelsh
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi
Thank you for the reply , ,you are right an error on my part in the discription .
Of course my intention is to depict and SAS version of the jeep . Thank you for your eagle eye observation of my inaccurate discription between LRDG and SAS jeeps .
Have not picked up a model for quite a while ,must be over a couple of years ,thank you for your encouraging post .

Cheers Chris
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 - 10:18 AM UTC
Hi, sorry if my reply have offended you, quite the sensitive type are we?
As to your model, yes it does seem to be modeled well accuracy wise for an SAS jeep. I like the chipping, nice and irregular, maybe a little bit heavy handed but I like it, only the red chips on the jerry cans look strange. Good to see you have strapped all the stuff that is on the jeep.

A couple of things that I noticed are off:
- Drivers Vickers should be mounted on a mounting plate, you seem to have something there, but it should be a bent plate like you have just with one part that is vertical and not paralel to the fender, then the vickers mounting rod goes through that
- Air pattern .50 cal, rear handles look to be mounted to a trigger, you might want to check your refs on that one.

Overall a nice effort, carry on and happy modelling!
 _GOTOTOP