My last work
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:15 AM UTC
Thanks for the compliments guys.
the making of palm trees was quite simple as the pictures show ...

The paint...

novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:26 AM UTC
some pictures of the assembly of the buildings ...

repynot
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:45 AM UTC
what did you use for the doors? Plasticard?
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:47 AM UTC
yes, Per I use plasticards.
repynot
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:51 AM UTC
The double door looks very detailed...

Excellent work!
LarryLawler
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 01:15 PM UTC
Very nicely done! It's awesome to see someone use simple materials in a convincing, realistic way. I'm digging the figures, too!
Keep it up!
Larry
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 02:17 AM UTC
Larry,
In Brazil, unfortunately we have a great difficulty in getting some materials used in dioramas. So I think we've become good at using alternative materials. All the buildings I made, I always used plaster and for me is the best because I mold parts as I want and design the pieces the way you want. Give a mess but the result is worthwhile.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 04:01 AM UTC
Your work is very nice, but I want to point out a pet peeve of mine and I realize that English isn't your primary language, but your use of last is not proper English, I see this all the time in modelling forums. The word you want to use is Latest, which means newest of a series. Last is used as the final stopping point, which means this is going to be your last model..which I'm assuming its not!
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 04:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...In Brazil, unfortunately we have a great difficulty in getting some materials used in dioramas. So I think we've become good at using alternative materials...

I do the similar thing mate, but one more important thing...not only become good to be creative as well as you can, but also the cheaper material we can get easily! LOL Furthermore, thanks God we still also have chance to perform DIY talent from each of us and share it together in this forum. Nice to know your technique sharing, we can learn a lot, and can't wait to see your another impressive job, Cassio!

Best regards from Indonesia

Garry
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Your work is very nice, but I want to point out a pet peeve of mine and I realize that English isn't your primary language, but your use of last is not proper English, I see this all the time in modelling forums. The word you want to use is Latest, which means newest of a series. Last is used as the final stopping point, which means this is going to be your last model..which I'm assuming its not!

Scott, actually you're right in your placement. English is not my specialty, but I try to communicate using google translator. I ask everyone to forgive me if you are using some incorrect terms.
Resondendo placement, is not the last job that I do and yes I made the last of a sequence.
thank you,
Cassio
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 09:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

...In Brazil, unfortunately we have a great difficulty in getting some materials used in dioramas. So I think we've become good at using alternative materials...

I do the similar thing mate, but one more important thing...not only become good to be creative as well as you can, but also the cheaper material we can get easily! LOL Furthermore, thanks God we still also have chance to perform DIY talent from each of us and share it together in this forum. Nice to know your technique sharing, we can learn a lot, and can't wait to see your another impressive job, Cassio!

Best regards from Indonesia

Garry

Garry,
Surely this is the main objective of this site. Whenever I do some work again, like to share with my colleagues because I know one way or another help to magnify the work of others.
Show alternative techniques is too much. For example, I make a river in a vignette and would have to use the famous Water Effects, but I think I got a alternative material to replace and it costs much less than half.
Once you have results, I'll post pictures.
hugs ...
Cassio
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 09:23 AM UTC
Yes guys, alternative and cheap materials (available in normal life) used to be our normal state of affairs!!
Jogs your crativity and keeps the money inside your purse! Super!!

Cheers

Romain

_GOTOTOP