_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Are there any 1/35 decals for British tanksin
IainArt
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 10:18 AM UTC
North Africa. I found references to Quartermaster's Decals, three of which would have been a great help but they seem to have gone out of business. Bison don't have any that fill the bill, either.

I am interested in Valentines, A13s and Dingoes.
Jockbw
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:28 AM UTC
You could always try Accurate Armour or Archer Fine Transfers... you should be able to assemble the correct decals from many of their sets...
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 01:14 PM UTC
Ultracast have squadron signs and Echelon make various sets for Matildas etc which could be useful
Darson
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 01:39 PM UTC
The other manufacturer I would try is Bison Decals.
IainArt
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:15 PM UTC
Thanks a lot for those suggestions. It will take a while to scan through them but it certainly looks like I will find enough there to be able to build what I want.

I have just ordered an Echelon set for the Mk VIB. It gives desert markings as I will be converting the Vulcan kit to a desert version to go with the one that I scratch built back in the seventies, using modified Tamiya carrier running gear.

I was also going to scratch build a rack for POW cans but I see that this is available from Ultracast. It is really useful to know what is available out there.
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 01:34 AM UTC
Yeah, I used the rack and cans from the AFV Club Valentine and carefully made straps from lead foil and wire, only to find about a week later that I had an Ultracast set in my spares box ...lol
IainArt
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 02:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

…. only to find about a week later that I had an Ultracast set in my spares box …lol

I'll bet you said "Oh dear" once or twice!

I'm finding strange errors in the Valentine kits. The Dragon/VM kit is too long and the detail is a bit coarse, with some of it having to be scratch built and the wheels in the AFV Club kit are MkI versions so several of the decal options are not usable. I am going to have to prise off the rear view port on the turret and use the plain side piece to get it right, and change the aerial mounts to get those right, too.

There I was, thinking that I'll just bang together a few tanks as light relaxation from detailing aircraft models!
 _GOTOTOP