_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
1/35 Trumpeter Tiran-6
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi Guys
Dunno if this is old news or already on another forum but its the first I've heard of it. Trumpeter has just posted a pic of their planned Tiran-6.
Thanks
Euan

Tirna
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 08:43 PM UTC
IF this is new tooling..its great news for IDF fans just hope they get EVERYTHING right.
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:41 AM UTC
It should be new tooling, since Trumpeter did not have the T-62 within their ancient kits, only their motorized T-54/55's and derivatives, including a "Tiran 5" -let's say that it resembled the Tiran, at least-

Expecting that they got "EVERYTHING" right is another thing...

Anyway, I'm a fan of Trumpeter's recent kits and will get one of these for sure
Luty
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

IF this is new tooling..its great news for IDF fans just hope they get EVERYTHING right.

If it will be new tooling, it will be great not only for idf fans.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 01:53 PM UTC
Hi Guys;

I Don't mean too Bust the Balloon. !! But I don't see this as going too be a Top Sell in the current Market.
I Hope Im wrong, but I don't think so. Take into Account the Tiran 5, a Welcome addition but how much did we really see of it in anything but a very short run of some Articles.
Was it a Top Seller.--No !!! The other IDF vehicles that are far more Important such as the Merkava or any of the M-60 versions at least too me are far more Appealing .

SORRY; But that's just my two cents worth !!
CHEERS; MIKE.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 03:07 PM UTC
As one of the more probable customers for this kit, I won't be getting it. I already have the Legend conversion, which I'm guessing (based on Tamiya's Tiran 5) will yield a better result in the long run.
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 03:10 PM UTC
Mike I disagree the Tamiya Tiran 5 is a great kit that is a really fun build. Many of those IDF fans have already built many Tiran 5s with many different base kits and many many conversions. I think most of those guys are over on IDF-modeling worshiping dr. Mass and he mostly criticizes what he did not take part in. I think that in the next year you will see those disappearing from shelves and people posting some build stories. I am stoked about the trumpeter Tiran 6 and cannot wait. Kudos to all these guys for doing more modern and more IDF, second golden age baby!
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:15 PM UTC
Achzarit from Trumpeter? Not far away is my guess... reading the release sheet for march 2014, as seen at http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/trumpeter.shtml, Achzarit is mentioned twice. Not bad considering that the blub is about another vehicle...

Would be welcomed!

Kylie
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 03:33 AM UTC
Between Meng's Achzarit and Trump doing a Tiran 6 I can hardly contain myself.
I'll be buying both.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 03:42 AM UTC
Nice I think it's a cool idea and very decent of Trumpeter to do this.
I scratched my Tiran 5 on the the Tamiya T55 and I'm going to build the 6 using the Trumpeter T62 and Legends conversion.
When the Trumpy kit comes along I'll buy it just to compare.

Paul
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 03:49 AM UTC
While it will be based on their T-62 series, not sure how they can call this a "new tool" as alot of it will be based off of their existing T-62 platform.

More like a "new variant"

Plus, they screwed up the description of the kit on the release sheet, saying that the Tiran 6 was based off of the T54/55 platform, which the Achzarit and the Ti-67 were also based off of the T55 platform.
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:28 AM UTC
Keep criticizing anything Trumpeter announces, its an installed trend on some forums for a long time by now. But we owe them a large number of the most interesting kits of modern armor of the recent years.

I will get one of these Tiran 6. Yes, based on the T-62 and not on the T-55, as the majority of IDF modelers already know, so I do not care at all about the briefing that manufacturers add to the kit's description, my only cares are about the plastic and the PE inside the box, and lately Trumpeter is giving a really good offering for your money.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 01:52 PM UTC
Hi Everybody;
The T-55 IMHO is a much more Important vehicle in there Arsenal than the T-62, look how many T-55s went into Combat with the Armored Corps in the Desert against the Egyptians.
They even went into combat with the 100mm still in the turret. Yes I agree this should be a nice kit, and Trumpeter has a Reputation too Up-Hold, So It Better Be !
There are Plenty of AM sets available too make the Tiran 6,
as mentioned the Legend set as well as some others are fine.
Just Don't Use The Tamiya Kit !!!!

CHEERS; MIKE.
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 03:19 PM UTC
Agreed Mike. I have the old Tamiya t62 which I know is terrible, but am bound and determined to make a Tiran 6 out of it, hopefully a scratch build, so I won't be getting the legend conversion, although I have strongly considered it. Hopefully the trumpeter kit will be less expensive.cheers.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Keep criticizing anything Trumpeter announces, its an installed trend on some forums for a long time by now. But we owe them a large number of the most interesting kits of modern armor of the recent years.

I will get one of these Tiran 6. Yes, based on the T-62 and not on the T-55, as the majority of IDF modelers already know, so I do not care at all about the briefing that manufacturers add to the kit's description, my only cares are about the plastic and the PE inside the box, and lately Trumpeter is giving a really good offering for your money.

Not criticizing anything, just pointing out the facts to other modelers that may not know the details and take the kit description as fact. Nothing wrong with Trumpeter kits, I have most if not all of their T-62 series in the stash (along with most of the Cold War Soviet stuff they have been releasing), and I will get this one as well.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 07:55 AM UTC
Hi Damon

Man you got GUTS, you are letting yourself in for a Big nightmare. The Tamiya kit was one of the Worst for Details and Dimensions, there is nothing correct about anything in the Box. ie;) the Engine Deck, the Turret, the Barrel, the Road Wheels. This kit should have been listed as 1/32 and not 1/35 ! And lets Not talk about the kits Tracks or the Dushka M.G. !! Even WITH the Legend and Edward sets, I still would Trash Bin the Thing.
And the way things are Trending, they are Bound too release a kit of Tiran 6 anyway.-----EH TRUMPETER
OOOHHH WEELL Enough of this Madness !!!!

AGAIN; GOOD LUCK, MIKE.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 12:59 AM UTC
Any further update concerning Trumpeter's release of Tiran 6? It was supposed to be out in the market last month but no sign of it anywhere! No details in their official webpage and facebook page! Only Hobbylink Japan changed its status from March to April release! Does anybody have any further info?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:24 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

Lets Hope that they did not do the same thing that Xact Scale did with there T-84 Oplot ! I opened up A Special Bank Account for that one and I am Still Waiting !!!! The Tiran-6 should be really nice, if they follow the trend of there other kits, I would like too know just how many that they Actually Built and I Don't think that they Exported any too any of there Friends.

CHEERS; MIKE.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 07:56 PM UTC
A built model was shown at Nuremberg Toy Fair 2014, so i believe that Trumpeter will release it. I just wonder how long could this take, since the promised Trumpeter's March releases are already in the market!
 _GOTOTOP