Hosted by Darren Baker
Arnhem - 1944
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:02 PM UTC
Guys, this paper concludes with a 2 years ago. It is a passage Arnhem.
The building is like one of miniart, but I did build the molds and plaster with some modifications.

Hey, who put this idiot in the photo ...
adamant
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:10 PM UTC
Hey, I think your building looks really good. Congrats and looking forward to seeing how your diorama ends
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 07:35 PM UTC
Cool looking building!
Well done Sir!
Do keep us posted...please!

Cheers
Romain
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 10:26 AM UTC
The tank and the troops were ready and just needed to create the diorama.

now more a sequence of assembly of the building ...

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 12:35 AM UTC
What did you use to cover the foam with? Plaster? Plaster mixed with white glue? And how well does it adhere to the foam? Great engraving!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 12:52 AM UTC
My understanding is that he only used the foam as a mock up and used the foam pieces with the cut outs as moulds to cast the plaster in.

Great idea the final buildings look great and the stug and figures look good.
Looking forward to seeing more.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 01:43 AM UTC
YES!!! VERY nice looking plaster. The Stug and crew look awesome as well for sure.
J
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 02:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What did you use to cover the foam with? Plaster? Plaster mixed with white glue? And how well does it adhere to the foam? Great engraving!

Biggles, I do not use foam only plaster. Every wall is built in plaster. And the plaster is mixed with water only. After it dries I carve the stones or bricks.
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 02:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My understanding is that he only used the foam as a mock up and used the foam pieces with the cut outs as moulds to cast the plaster in.

Great idea the final buildings look great and the stug and figures look good.
Looking forward to seeing more.

exactly, this is the great advantage of making the pieces that way. How do the foam molds, use the parts that go out and build the structure and thus can use to have first seen the diorama.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 02:47 AM UTC
OIC! Are the raised details applied with sheet styrene, or very thin plaster castings? If plaster castings are used it is easier to battle damage them to match the walls.
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 10:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

OIC! Are the raised details applied with sheet styrene, or very thin plaster castings? If plaster castings are used it is easier to battle damage them to match the walls.

Plates are styrene. They are easier to implement, although more complicated to do damage effect.
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 11:15 AM UTC
continuing ...
applied to land which is a mixture of sawdust, white glue and water. The vegetation was also placed at this time to take advantage of the moisture of the glue for fixing.
Acrescemtei a lamppost to give more balance to the scene.

JScicluna
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 77 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 01:58 PM UTC
Really like it. I'm going to try making the plaster walls with your technique. Thanks for the information
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 10:35 PM UTC
nice work
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 01:49 AM UTC
Dear Cassio,
First of all,your skills to make a house front are very good.
You show us a verynice technique. Thanks fort that.
But........
There is not a technical, but a historical/style problem.
At first: plastering is a technique which was not too common inThe Netherlands.
Second: Since Arnhem is situated directly to a large river, the area offers highly quality clay to produce red bricks. Therefore, all city buildings were constructed with these, very regular, due to the industrial production process, red bricks.
So, the combination of irregular natural stone, covered with plaster, is a very rare one for the Betuwe, the area around Arnhem as well as the city itself

However: this is a discussion about architecture, not about technique.

It should not minimize your work.

Paul

SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Cassio,
But........
Second: Since Arnhem is situated directly to a large river, the area offers highly quality clay to produce red bricks. Therefore, all city buildings were constructed with these,
very regular, due to the industrial production process, red bricks.
So, the combination of irregular natural stone, covered with plaster, is a very rare one for the Betuwe, the area around Arnhem as well as the city itself

Paul

I think Paul has got a good point there. But about the plaster on buildings related to the stone it is due to age and situation it was build in. Zutphen, also near a river is perhaps much older, but shows certainly these sort of architecture. So keep up this good work. I'm very pleased to see people show so much interest in the Netherlands related to this subject.

Regards,

Robert Jan
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 02:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Cassio,
But........
Second: Since Arnhem is situated directly to a large river, the area offers highly quality clay to produce red bricks. Therefore, all city buildings were constructed with these, very regular, due to the industrial production process, red bricks.

Paul

Paul,
Thank you for the compliments. That's why I like forums. We learn things that would never even crossed my mind.
Considering this information, it really is incorrect. But for sure the next job I do with the theme Netherlands, the fault will be corrected.
Thanks again
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 11:41 PM UTC

Hi Cassio,

I love your choice of colours, especially the camo on the Stug!
Your painting of the crew is very crisp and the shading is both superb and realistic! Congratulations there!
One thing bothers me a little...if this scene is inside town (and the style of the house is definitely not rural ), then I don't think the street should be dirt track. Not according to contemp photos anyway!

Cheers

Romain
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 02:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Cassio,

I love your choice of colours, especially the camo on the Stug!
Your painting of the crew is very crisp and the shading is both superb and realistic! Congratulations there!
One thing bothers me a little...if this scene is inside town (and the style of the house is definitely not rural ), then I don't think the street should be dirt track. Not according to contemp photos anyway!

Cheers

Romain

Romain,
This question town house with the house interior is very relative because we are talking about very old cities that have suffered over the years all types of transformations. As my work does not refer to a particular street or place Arnhem and not determined that the diorama representing the battle in the city or on the outskirts, it all ends up becoming very relative.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 04:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Cassio,

I love your choice of colours, especially the camo o th Stug!
Your paintiting of the crew is very crisp and the shading is both superb and realistic! Congratulations there!

Cheers5

Romain

Romain,
This question town house with the house interior is very relative because we are talking about very old cities that have suffered over the years all types of transformations. As my work does not refer to a particular street or place Arnhem and not determined that the diorama representing the battle in the city or on the outskirts, it all ends up becoming very relative.

Dear Cassio,

Anhem was, as the capitol of the province Gelderland, not affected by the war until it became center of the battle for the Rhine bridge as a gate to the north eastern part of The Netherlands and the way to Bremen and Hamburg.
Arnhem had a rich and long history. It certainly did not have dirt or sandy roads. Though sand roads were common in rural areas, Dutch towns like Arnhem had high standards.
A house you represent was build to a side/ pedestrian way. Unless it was build in a garden.
Maybe you should google a bit to get a 'Dutch' impression.
The battle for ' a bridge too far' is very well documented onthe web and certainly a good guide to come to style correctness.

Looking forward to see more, and be assured, if I would start an South American theme, you would see items to adjust in large numbers.
I hope you accept my advise in a possitive mood.

Paul
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Cassio,

I love your choice of colours, especially the camo o th Stug!
Your paintiting of the crew is very crisp and the shading is both superb and realistic! Congratulations there!

Cheers5

Romain

Romain,

Dear Cassio,

Anhem was, as the capitol of the province Gelderland, not affected by the war until it became center of the battle for the Rhine bridge as a gate to the north eastern part of The Netherlands and the way to Bremen and Hamburg.
Arnhem had a rich and long history. It certainly did not have dirt or sandy roads. Though sand roads were common in rural areas, Dutch towns like Arnhem had high standards.
A house you represent was build to a side/ pedestrian way. Unless it was build in a garden.
Maybe you should google a bit to get a 'Dutch' impression.
The battle for ' a bridge too far' is very well documented onthe web and certainly a good guide to come to style correctness.

Looking forward to see more, and be assured, if I would start an South American theme, you would see items to adjust in large numbers.
I hope you accept my advise in a possitive mood.

Paul

Paul, I will definitely help you with tips on South America, even if I want to make Brazil.
Unfortunately, I will not make changes that work for me is finished. If you do other work will pay more attention to these items with'll definitely ask colleagues region's natural to help me in the development.
I even have plans to do something themed Hungary and thus, I will do research and more rigorous. I believe so I can have present papers with greater approval. After all, we are participating for growth.
Thankful for the tips,
Cassio
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 08:43 AM UTC
Hi Cassio,

Thanks for your understanding and offer to help on a Brazilian subject if necessary.
You are absolutely right: unless you work for a museum, it should be the fun to build models. If you like it, what else is important!?
Though maybe not 100 % correct, it is the intention and techniques you showed I appreciate very much.

Looking forward to see the result,
Best regards,

Paul
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:15 AM UTC
If your work on the stug means anything, I DO look forward to your continuation of the base.
novausinagem
Visit this Community
Brazil
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:31 AM UTC
continuing ...
After seeing the criticism and the praise of colleagues I ended up finding a few flaws, but there will also be photos.

thanks,
Cássio
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 - 07:22 AM UTC
Cassio,

Your work is exceptional! I look forward to another posting.
 _GOTOTOP