_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
The Scenic Factory - Diorama
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 05:56 AM UTC
Some of you know about the large Scenic Factory Diorama of the Ardennes that has been started www.scenicfactorydio.com, though slow because of time restraints, now that time is starting to open up I will be progressing a little quicker. After thought I have changed the original plan of stretching 3 seasons because even at 10 feet I feel it would be too cluttered and hard to blend together so I have decided to go the more historically correct route and build the diorama of Kampfgruppe Peiper's Division the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. Though I obviously can't include everything I would like to include some parts of each as well as all 6 King Tigers. I have much information but not all the tank numbers. I will be doing a column of tanks and armor and everything in between plus a field repair/prep area, I am also looking to commission out some of the builds as well as some figures. Most of these builds need to be of the top tier of quality and specifically accurate.,contact me if interested, you will be recognized as the builder on the website as well as any other exposure. Because of shipping costs I may have to stay within the U.S. I am still working on the details but would like to get some input on anyone interested.
- John
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 06:56 AM UTC
Interesting project conerning my favorite topic in WWII. There are several different scenerios that can be used. I think you can fit all the different types of vehicles in the dio if you go near the end of the story when the panzergruppe was reduced in numbers by mech breakdowns and combat damages. If you went for the biginning the column would have to be over 15 KM long!
The workshops were also never very close to the action and stayed on the south side of the Ambleve so any maint that is being shown would have to be low level unit maint.
Of course,if you intend to go with artistic licence then anything goes?
By coincidence I am doing a Peiper dio right now and using your ferns as well!
I suck at vehicles but maybe could offer a figure?
J
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 07:16 AM UTC
I agree Jerry, I am aiming closer to the time a little before they abandoned everything in La Gleize, I am looking for historically accurate armor/soldiers, as far as the repair area, I've had my heart set on it from the start, that will have to be a little free lanced and kept small.
As I get a little closer to the actual make up of what I am going to use and the layout, I would love to commission you on doing some figures, your work is top notch.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 07:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree Jerry, I am aiming closer to the time a little before they abandoned everything in La Gleize, I am looking for historically accurate armor/soldiers, as far as the repair area, I've had my heart set on it from the start, that will have to be a little free lanced and kept small.
As I get a little closer to the actual make up of what I am going to use and the layout, I would love to commission you on doing some figures, your work is top notch.

Alrighty then,
J
 _GOTOTOP