Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya Jagdpanther (Late Production) 1/48th
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hey there - this is my second attempt at posting at the forums Just a newbie modeler with very little background in painting or modeling for that matter. Anyway, I'm currently working on a Late Production Tamiya Jagdpanther. I've brush painted the olive green basecoat I've chosen for the model. Will post additional pictures as I progress. Feedback would be appreciated thanks!

EDIT: Ran out of olive green paint. Perfect :/ Considering adding the schurzen on so I don't have to paint much of the wheels and the diecast hull. (Also sorry for the bad res camera, my decent one got broken :/)

kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 02:29 AM UTC
Applies brown and yellow lines..... but I think I over did it :/ Would really appreciate comments guys and suggestions on how to improve and fix the model thanks

AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 02:53 AM UTC
Hi Nigel, the camo pattern on the tank looks fine. I don't know what your paint situation is over there, but the colors could use a little fine tuning. The German base green was a bit darker and the yellow needs a little brown mixed in to tone it down some. If you want to stick with what you've already done, a dark wash may do the trick of both, toning it down, and pulling it all together.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the build itself looks good.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 03:16 AM UTC
Hi looks great. German paint has been debated up and down the block so I think about anything close is fine. A filter would tone down the colors and give a uniform look to it. I think a filter is twice as diluted as a wash would be. If you're using acyrlic paints on the model be sure to use enamel based products for the filters and washes (or vice versa). Have fun . I did one of these too I think you can still see in my photos.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 03:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Nigel, the camo pattern on the tank looks fine. I don't know what your paint situation is over there, but the colors could use a little fine tuning. The German base green was a bit darker and the yellow needs a little brown mixed in to tone it down some. If you want to stick with what you've already done, a dark wash may do the trick of both, toning it down, and pulling it all together.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the build itself looks good.

Thanks for the input Some of the mixup is with the camera though. The green looked fine when I put it aside a picture of a similarly painted german tank. The problem is with the yellow - I have a wrong shade :/ Will take your advise and try to use a bit of brown and black to even out the color next time

Quoted Text

Hi looks great. German paint has been debated up and down the block so I think about anything close is fine. A filter would tone down the colors and give a uniform look to it. I think a filter is twice as diluted as a wash would be. If you're using acyrlic paints on the model be sure to use enamel based products for the filters and washes (or vice versa). Have fun . I did one of these too I think you can still see in my photos.

Thanks! Would you have a suggestion regarding the color of the filler I could use? I used Tamiya Acrylics so I think I could try to find some enamel based paints to help... or would a heavily diluted acrylic color work too? Thanks!

Trying to learn how to use chalk pastels and such for weathering.. hopefully I produce a good result.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 03:26 AM UTC
An enamel or oil paint buff color would be good. Dont use a thinned acrylic because it will wreck the acyrlic base coat you have there (acrlic thinner removes acrylic).
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 03:30 AM UTC
And black enamel or oil paint for the pin detail washes. Be sure to use the correct thinner for the type of paint you use
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And black enamel or oil paint for the pin detail washes. Be sure to use the correct thinner for the type of paint you use

Okay thanks! Need to save up for art materials then >_<

PS: Great job on your Jagdpanther! Well weathered and the paintjob is well done
 _GOTOTOP