Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bergepanther References
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 04:21 AM UTC
I bought the PIO Models Bergepanther and wonder if anyone know of any references for it.

The kit itself is rather nice and includes the Revell Panther D/A minus the turret. The Bergepanther parts consist of a resin plug for the turret opening (nicely done) and a small fret of PE to add the various hull fittings. The kit actually cost me less than the regular Panther D/A.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 04:26 AM UTC
http://www.twenot.nl/bergepan.htm
http://www.waffenhq.de/panzer/bergepanther.html
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 05:25 AM UTC
Sabot -

I have a few pictures that might be able to help you out. I am at work right now, but when I get home tonight, I'll post em to my gallery and link them here.

They are from the Squadron "Panther in Action" book. There are a few detail drawings of fittings and such that you might find helpful.

Jeff
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 09:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sabot -

I have a few pictures that might be able to help you out. I am at work right now, but when I get home tonight, I'll post em to my gallery and link them here.

They are from the Squadron "Panther in Action" book. There are a few detail drawings of fittings and such that you might find helpful.

Jeff

Actually, I think I may have the Panther in Action book. I have most of them and buy them mainly out of force of habit. I only really pay attention to the modern armor ones though. I think I may have an Osprey book as well.

Matt, thanks for the links. The wooden superstructure doesn't look like the kit I bought. It only has a circular turret plug that has wood grain on it. No spades either. Great shots though.
 _GOTOTOP