Kriegsgefangener
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 04:27 AM UTC
Hi everyone ,

a few years ago i had the idea to make a diorama about the German invasion on may 1940.

it's my first diorama that i have made on Kitmaker Benelux.

Now the pictures and thanks for watching

'' A Belgian soldier is taken prisoner of war after a short battle ''

Kurt
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 07:05 AM UTC
Very compact and well made.
One can read the proud and frustration from the Belgian soldier.
You have more dios like this to show?

Thanks for sharing.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 07:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very compact and well made.
One can read the proud and frustration from the Belgian soldier.
You have more dios like this to show?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Unfortunately are this diorama and the roadblock diorama the only two armor things i have.But don't worry , i keep the armor up

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 09:15 AM UTC
Nice job on this one. I like the story and they way you put it together. Ah,yes,I see the old man now!
J
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice job on this one. I like the story and they way you put it together. Ah,yes,I see the old man now!
J

Thanks J ,

it's not his happiest time for sure

Much appreciated !

Kurt
Isidor
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 09:29 PM UTC
Hi Kurt,

only question about the title. Why you have named the scene "Green Devil"? This was a synonym for the German Fallschirmjäger but can't see anyone in your dio.

Greetings,
Isidor
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kurt,

only question about the title. Why you have named the scene "Green Devil"? This was a synonym for the German Fallschirmjäger but can't see anyone in your dio.

Greetings,
Isidor

It was a nick name for the Ardense Jagers ( a Belgian Light Infantry Corps, based in the Region Ardennes ) due to the large green berrets, they were wearing.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:39 AM UTC
Hello Kurt, outstanding simple layout, congratulations!

I like the ground work, especially the grass, rusted drums, and also the dusty cobblestones. But I'm curious about usage of yellow as the basic color of such drums, IMO somewhat unusual, although it may possible to be applied. How about neutral grey or it's deviations? Looks more natural, but that's just my suggestion. Also for the tools mounted on the Panzer's fender, several of them have their wooden handle, you may apply them with wood brown color. It may be suitable rather than the flat black you used.

Overall, again, it was a lovely scene and you have to show your another outstanding project mate! Thanks for sharing

Kind regards from Indonesia

Garry
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kurt,

Greetings,
Isidor

Hello Isidor ,

thanks for the reply and you are right about the German Fallschirmjäger ''grüne Teufel '' or translated in english ''green devils'' .

The explanation why the tittle is Green Devil is simply by the fact i have read that Erwin Rommel commander of the 7th armored division in 1940 called the Belgian soldiers with the green berets (chasseur ardenais),grüne Teufel or green devils.

It was a small unit but they were high skilled and very professional soldiers (in fact they still are), causing the advancing German forces a lot of trouble.

Greetings Kurt

kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 01:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the ground work, especially the grass, rusted drums, and also the dusty cobblestones. But I'm curious about usage of yellow as the basic color of such drums, IMO somewhat unusual, although it may possible to be applied. How about neutral grey or it's deviations? Looks more natural, but that's just my suggestion. Also for the tools mounted on the Panzer's fender, several of them have their wooden handle, you may apply them with wood brown color. It may be suitable rather than the flat black you used.

Overall, again, it was a lovely scene and you have to show your another outstanding project mate! Thanks for sharing

Garry

Hello Garry ,

thanks a lot for your kind reply , my friend !

There is no specific reason for the yellow color on the drums , i simply painted the drums in yellow . But indeed, your idea for painting them in grey color would be better .

Your second point is also true with the wooden handles, the wooden color just disappeared by using filters and washes and pigments....i see to it .

Again, thank you very much !

Kurt
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 01:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Kurt,

Greetings,
Isidor

It was a nick name for the Ardense Jagers ( a Belgian Light Infantry Corps, based in the Region Ardennes ) due to the large green berrets, they were wearing.

Thanks Paul , i'm impressed ! ( en of ik onder de indruk ben )

Kurt

All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Garry

Hello Garry ,

thanks a lot for your kind reply , my friend !

There is no specific reason for the yellow color of the drums , i simply painted the drums in yellow . But indeed, your idea for painting them in grey color would be better .

Your second point is also true with the wooden handles, the wooden color just disappeared by using filters and washes and pigments....i see to it .

Again, thank you very much !

Kurt

You're welcome buddy!
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hi everyone ,

here i am with new and better pictures of this diorama . there are some small changes about the posting of the figures. The Belgian soldier with the green beret stands in the doorway.

The story of this diorama goes that a soldier on leave is surprised by the Germans during the first day of the invasion of the low countries on the 10th of May 1940. The old man with the white flag in his hands is the father of the soldier and he asks the German sergeant to spare the life of his son and to take him POW. The Germans are agree and the Belgian soldier surrenders...... lucky guy because moments before he shot the tankcommander in the left hand .

Okay here we go ,

Thanks for watching !

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 04:10 AM UTC
Very nice little scene. I ike these news pics a lot better.
J
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice little scene. I ike these news pics a lot better.
J

Me too. The dust on the Pzr II is excellent.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 01:17 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the nice comments .

This was one of my first builds and i'm still pretty happy with the result. Especially the base with the wall from Miniart turned out very well .

Kurt
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:54 PM UTC
Hi Kurt - thanks for reposting - I agree, the wall looks nice, and so does the ground plane! You did a good job of squeezing quite a bit out of a small space - nice build

Cheers
Nick
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:58 AM UTC
Thanks Nick for the nice words !

Kurt
 _GOTOTOP