Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Bradley IFV conversion m2 -> OIF
hjholter3
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 05:14 PM UTC
A friend of mine serving in the National Guard had mentioned that he was a Bradley driver, and on my return to the hobby I thought I would build him a braille scale Dio of him and his bradley "Free Enterprise" ( I made that up, but he would name a bradley that, being a sarcastic star trek fan ) and bought the original M2 with none of the ODS or OIF modifications. After looking at all my reference pictures and after kicking myself I started the work... only to find out he had moved up and now drove an MRAP and was a full fledged combat engineer. Stupid me, I was trying to surprise my buddy. But anyway this is my current progress.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've got it blue tac'd together for now, so I can disassemble it for paint. The applique armor I made from plastruct sheet, as I have 25 4 foot sheets I still have to build the additional applique armor and the interior, but I'm not worried as I have good reference and two bottles of zap-a-gap and at least 8 good fingers not zap-a-gaped together

nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 02:14 PM UTC
.It's coming along nicely. Keep us posted of your progress. Model-Miniatures produces an MRAP in 72nd.
Charlie
 _GOTOTOP