_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Best Value Models FT-TSF
Mox1983
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 114 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 06:32 PM UTC
Just got from their stand at Telford one of the new BVM 1/35 TSF kits that utilise the Meng kit as a base. First impressions are excellent, with an exquisite resin radio and etch panels for the turret that are as close to sclae thickness as possible. I'll try and get some photos up later.

There is a problem with part of the etch stencil for the serial number being broken, hopefully they can replace that.

The only issue is that after talking with them I was led to believe that it would contain the whole Meng kit, but after getting home and opening the kit, they have taken out the sprue for the turret and cut out and removed the associated parts such as the different guns and even the dismounted Hotchkiss parts
A shame, as this was one of the reasons I was buying it instead of the regular kit, so I could use the lovely Meng turret on an Atlantic Wall bunker I was building.
Now I'll have to buy the standard one, unless Meng could sell me the missing parts?
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 01:51 AM UTC
When you contact BVM about the mis-etched stencil, ask them about the turret parts too.

Unless they're getting the kits from Meng with the parts already removed (which is possible), they might be willing to send you the missing parts.

It's possible that they have some agreement with Meng that says BVM can't sell the complete FT-17 kit under the BVM label, but it can't hurt to ask.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 08:36 AM UTC
I'm afraid it has more to do with the Azimut/Best Value Models business model...

They do four Jeeps based on the Italeri Jeep. The Italeri jeep includes a trailer, BVM doesn't include a trailer in any of their Jeep kits but sell an "upgraded" trailer separately.

They do a BMP-1 with AA gun, which doesn't include a BMP-1 turret, but they do a pick-up with BMP-1 turret, which doesn't include the AA gun normally provided with the pick-up kit, get my drift now?

And I could go on and on with other instances.

The FT turret will most probably surface later in an Atlantic wall mini-diorama or a weird vehicle with FT turret?

Just my two cents...

Cheers,

Christophe
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 10:53 PM UTC
I was at the Azimut shop in Paris yesterday and guess what? They do sell a FT-17 turret gun emplacement set, I was right! The set isn't listed on the website yet.

Cheers,

Christophe
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:34 PM UTC
It is the "Best Value (business) Model" for Azimut ;-)

/ Robin
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 05:04 AM UTC
Hi
Just don't order on line and expect to get anything, that's their other business model.
 _GOTOTOP