Hosted by Darren Baker
p s t pzm-2 fire tanker
bazers
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 08:18 AM UTC
Hi anyone know where i can buy a pzm-2 fire tanker.been on net found a review on it
but cant find anywhere that sells pzm kits.
thanks.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 09:25 AM UTC
If you mean this one

try this site http://auto.scale-model-kits.com/products/PMZ-2-ZiS-6--fire-engine-PST72047.html

You know sometimes google is your friend

You also can find some cheaper kits at E-Bay including Zis 5 and Zis 6 chassis.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 09:26 AM UTC
Barry,

Firstly, welcome to Armorama and in particular the Braille Scale Forum. If you don't mind dealing with mail order there is HobbyTerra that carries most PST kits. They have at least three WW II fire engines in stock (including the PMZ-2) and you can find them at this LINK. A couple of people in my local club deal with them and have nothing negative to say.

Cheers,
Jan
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 - 09:42 PM UTC
Hello Baz

I think the idea of the fire engine would work well. Sawodny's Panzerzug books mention that passenger cars, trucks & bicycles were part of each train's established equipment. And units could add to their establishment with booty vehicles and equipment.

I have bought many dozens of kits over the years from the seller that Jan recommended (Hobbyterra).

I have not had a problem in any regard with them, and their prices are quite reasonable.

Regular air mail takes about 3 weeks to get from them (in Kiev) to Australia, so you could probably figure on similar to the USA.

PST kits are not up to the standard of some of the big manufacturers like Revell or Dragon, but make into quite good models. Should be no challenge for you

cheers
Neil

bazers
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 03:10 AM UTC
Hi guys
thanks for the reply and links will order one now. And thanks for the welcome jan

Niel.
i am just staring to go through sawodny book to see if the camouflage in west russia in summer was sim to yours .
 _GOTOTOP