Hosted by Darren Baker
M113 Vietnam - Colour Problem - Help!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 10:04 PM UTC
Hi guys, working on my M113 Academy Vietnam Version, for the Cover up Campaign last evening founded out that 2 brand new olive drub Humbrol enamels have turned to stone dont know why (maybe cause theyre bought 8 months and didn opened em at all !!) . I run to the only Hobby Shop i have access and the guy simply dont have any olive drub (enamel, or acrylic or anything) Is there any possibility of substitution with humbrol Matt US Green 116 or 117 (dark and light green) that i have and they are checked ok. Cause i dont wanna wait 2 weeks for the guy to get new colour stuff. If there is a chance to turn them to olive drub tellme and i ll try to !! if theyre away too far from the colour i ll have to wait unfortunately . I would appreciate your fast answers so i see the alternatives . Thanks a lot in Advnace
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 10:22 PM UTC
No.
M113
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC
Major-Goose

If i were u , i wouldnt try with some other colors.
Wait for (or try with) Humbrol 155 which is the right color of an M113 at Nam.
Cos, that Academy kit is wonderful.

Yassas
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 05:26 PM UTC
Yep after some tries i ll stic with M113 's opinion (expertised by name on M113's !!!) and i ll wait for the colour to come. Thanks buddies for the help. I ll go for some detailing i ve left over and maybe i ll leave the painting for next year. (:-)
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 06:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys, working on my M113 Academy Vietnam Version, for the Cover up Campaign last evening founded out that 2 brand new olive drub Humbrol enamels have turned to stone dont know why (maybe cause theyre bought 8 months and didn opened em at all !!) . I run to the only Hobby Shop i have access and the guy simply dont have any olive drub (enamel, or acrylic or anything) Is there any possibility of substitution with humbrol Matt US Green 116 or 117 (dark and light green) that i have and they are checked ok. Cause i dont wanna wait 2 weeks for the guy to get new colour stuff. If there is a chance to turn them to olive drub tellme and i ll try to !! if theyre away too far from the colour i ll have to wait unfortunately . I would appreciate your fast answers so i see the alternatives . Thanks a lot in Advnace

DUDE,
Are we gonna have to take up an ARMORAMA collection for U , for a new set of double Humbrols. LOL OR MAYBE you should ask SANTA CLAUS for an early drop off.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 07:29 PM UTC
Dear Todd as a fellow modeller and race biker you could assist me by passing me over 5-10 bottles of olive drab paint any brand i dont care!!!!! Consider it a Christmas present wont be bad!!!!!! (:-) :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 08:30 PM UTC
try using the Testor's Master Colors Green Drab. It actually is more correct than Olive drab no matter what the "experts" will tell you. Later US vehicles used a much greener OD than the brownish one from WW2 and Korea era.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 08:59 PM UTC
Thanks a lot blaster76 i ll check it out
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 02:41 PM UTC
You may wanna try Gunze/Mr. Paint Olive Drab 2. Not Olive Drab 1. If you don't have it, I suggest Tamiya. Tamiya's Olive Drab is a less greenish, so you may want to add more green (I suggest Flat Green).

Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP