leopold raiway gun photos
bazers
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hi guys
thanks for help on photos have posted one will see if i can get the rest up now.

this is the first A F V model i have built for 40 years used to build airfix. i need to learn all about washes etc and painting figures.
bazer.

nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:36 PM UTC
Barry, you've done an excellent job on the Leopold. As for weathering, first start off with pre-shading after you've primed the model. Then the base coat. After the base coat, apply a lighter shade of the base coat. Once that is complete, you can start with washes and pigments and adding any paint chips. As for the ties and rail, they are too clean. for the sides of the rail, I recommend painting it rail brown and for the ties, use tie brown both of which are made by Poly Scale and Floquil provided you reside here in the states.
Charlie
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 05:24 AM UTC
Barry,

Welcome to Armorama and in particular the Braille Scale Forum. For a first attempt in decades you've done a splendid job on this massive "pop-gun." From what I've seen, these railway gun kits are quite involved to build, let alone paint. Personally, I feel weathering is often done too excessively and for a first try you should keep it light and it appears in some of the pictures that you have. From what I've read these guns had quite a support crew so they were well maintained. Thanks for sharing your work and hope to see more in the future.

Cheers,
Jan
bazers
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 05:43 AM UTC
Thanks for welcome and comments guys have got one more about finished and you have given me a bit of incentive to do more a f v .
bazer.
 _GOTOTOP