_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Important Note for all AK Interactive Paints
DariusCerver
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 05:19 AM UTC
I'm Darius T. Cerver, owner of the paint factory that has manufactured the paint products for the company AK Interactive for distribution under its label. With this statement, I want to inform all modelers that from this day forward, we stop completely any collaboration with AK Interactive and our paints will no longer be distributed by this company. The various recent events and statements made public by the company worldwide, have forced me to make this announcement using the same media platform. It is therefore my intention to report that our entire paint range, including
oils, pigments, and acrylics, will immediately no longer be distributed by AK Interactive. Soon we will announce the company with whom we will work in the future. It is our hope and expectation to have your support in this new era. Thank you very much for your time and attention and we wish the best to AK.

Be sure that I will update you shortly.

-------------------------------

NOTA IMPORTANTE PARA USUARIOS DE PINTURAS AK INTERACTIVE

Soy Darius T. Cerver, propietario de la fábrica de pinturas que suministraba pinturas a la empresa AK Interactive para su distribución bajo su etiqueta. Con este comunicado quiero informar a todos los modelistas que, a partir de este momento, dejamos de colaborar con AK Interactive y nuestras pinturas ya no serán distribuida por esta empresa. Los distintos acontecimientos ocurridos recientemente y hechos públicos por dicha empresa a nivel mundial, me han impulsado a hacer este anuncio de forma publica. Por tanto es mi intención comunicar que todas nuestras pinturas tipo esmalte, oleos, pigmentos y acrílicos dejarán de ser distribuidos por AK Interactive de manera inmediata. En breve anunciaremos la empresa con la que trabajaremos en el futuro. Deseamos y esperamos contar con vuestro apoyo en esta nueva etapa y deseo a AK lo mejor.

Muchas gracias y en breve os daremos más información.

Gracias /Thank you
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 05:25 AM UTC
Damn!

Sounds like we need to raid the EBay cabinet for AK leftovers until the same quality product, and what name is attached to that product, shows back up on the market!

tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 09:42 AM UTC
It's easy to figure out. AK had a factory (owned by Darius) making their paints, etc. That is no longer the case, and it's obvious MIG is coming back with his "own" brand manufactured by Darius company/factory before the new year is in......The paints supplied to AK by Darius will now bear another name/logo run by MIG and Iain...........Easy to figure out . All the world needs to wait for now is the label/logo. Mig will run the EU shop, and Iain will run the US branch. Mr. Darius probably felt that without MIG in the EU and Iain in the USA AK will not be able to sell the amount of products they were selling before and that would hurt his own business/factory orders/volume and employees as well as his own pocket so he made a business decision and switched brands. Happens all the time in the business world, our hobby is no different. I really do wish all parties the best of health and prosperity, from AK to Mig, Iain, Elizabeth, ect, Mr. Darius, the new brand, and all others.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 10:24 AM UTC
I guess this is why Coca Cola keeps its secret formula secret!

Presumably, AK, the business entity, never filed for a patent or copyright or whatever on the formulations of its products. So who actually owns these? AK, Cervers' paint factory, Mig?

And if no one owns them, then presumably, anyone can copy them.

Quite a soap opera... It'll be interesting to see what the next installment brings.
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
Sounds like things are going to get a little Squirrly
mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 10:55 AM UTC
It's about time these businessmen stop behaving like petulant children and keep their sordid business dealings to themselves.If you're going to take your toys and go home,do do,but spare the schoolyard rants.Jaysos gentlemen,behave like businessmen.All it seems like is there was too many fingers in the pie,and ego's are being bruised.Just regroup and reform the company,don't air dirty laundryor point fingers,provide a product,not a drama festival.

Fed Up
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 05:40 AM UTC
If he had the same deal with his paint manufacturer that he offered me for Gator's Grip Hobby Glue, then no, AK did not purchase the formula only the rights to label it as AK.
DKdent
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 06:58 AM UTC
One thing is for sure: the spaniards know their drama. Excellent entertainment. Looks like they are for modeling what the italians are for football...
Lector
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 11:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

One thing is for sure: the spaniards know their drama. Excellent entertainment. Looks like they are for modeling what the italians are for football...

I agree 110%.

This behaviour is pure shame. Childish.

Too much modelling "Prima Donna" with a mind of 15 y.o. teenager around. When I read all this crap, I remember Sheperd Paine, the Verlinden works, the "Pachi" pics back in the eighties... never heard so much ridiculous melodrama like this.

Also, you only need Google to put a couple words and you´ll find the name of the company (in Spain) that "makes" the products.

This kind of alarm / warning messages only shows that some people thinks that we, modellers, are just stupid lambs or simple-imbeciles. Kindergarten stuff for coward childs.

The modelling world will go on PERFECTLY without either Mr. M.J. or AK Interactive, no dramas around.

It seems that the forums needs a "The Kindergarten" area.

Cheers.

_GOTOTOP