_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
CATS WILL PLAY
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 03:30 AM UTC
OK, I have an idea for a new Campaign. The Title is "CATS Night Out". The campaign will
be a memship build for a model that has a Feline breed in its name. This will apply for Aircraft and Armor. Aircraft hints: Tomcat,Tigercat,Panther,Cougar etc. for Armor hints:
Panther, Puma, Tiger, etc. There will be a special catagory for any pice that had a special color scheme to represent a cat.
If this sounds interesting to you. PLEASE acknowledge so in this thread, as I am compiling a membership base for submission to Campaign HQ to establish a NEW CAMPAIGN to take place this coming Spring say ......Start in FEB finish in June. TODD
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 09:54 AM UTC
Todd

Sounds interersting. I'll sign up. I'm busy with the RMG Campaign at the moment, but that ends around the time you mentioned starting this one so why not. Keep me advised.

HarryD
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 03:18 PM UTC
I'll sign up, If I can use the King tiger I just started a day ago,if not then I have nothing to build and can't enter...
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 03:52 PM UTC
I like the idea a lot. When do you think is a good time to start? Ending in late spring would be great.

(++)
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 04:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll sign up, If I can use the King tiger I just started a day ago,if not then I have nothing to build and can't enter...

The campaign isn't approved yet,and the start is Feb 15, so you have time to select your topic. But models already started have not been considered as of yet. STAY TUNED.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 04:08 PM UTC
oh feb 15?then I'll just save something after christmas : p
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 04:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You should try a "Same Name" category. Build a WW2 German Puma and a modern helicopter Puma, Hellcat fighter and Hellcat tank destroyer, Panther tank and Panther jet, etc.

SABOT; I like that idea Does that mean that a person would build two models for that special sub-catagory? as his entry
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 06:19 PM UTC
New Campaign
CAMPAIGN TITLE: Cats night out.

Campaign Dates: Start- February 15,2004 End- June 15,2004

Campaign Participants: To all armorama members, no limitations. Total membership to be determined.

Campaign Scope/Rules: The scope of the campaign is a double topic to allow the maximum participation,
and the highest amount of imagination. First is the subject of anything in aircraft, or armor that has
a feline breed in its name. As Follows). Aircraft- Tigercat, Tomcat, Bearcat, Panther, Cougar, Cheetah,
etc. Armor- Panther, Tiger, Puma, Cheetah, Lynx etc.
There is a special Theme/category if you prefer. Any aircraft or armor piece that is painted in a feline
color scheme. For example: Any Tigermeet aircraft scheme, or the Armor pieces that were painted in
Tigerstripes like the M24, M4, or M26. The special category is not mandatory, nor does it garnish any
additional awards or favor. It just allows modelers to add a certain Flashy color scheme to their model.
Rules: 1) The level of detail has no restrictions. You add as much, as you want. If you want to build OTB, or
load it with brass and resin its totally up to you.
2) There will be no Fake or made up scheme, or imaginative aircraft or armor kit bash. In other words
the piece must have been built, and/or painted as portrayed.
3) At least one photo/or print will be supplied with your entry to verify originality of item portrayed.
In other words DO your Homework.

Categories/Classes: The classes will be Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. There will be an Aircraft
category and an Armor category. With a separate category for each special theme. IE: one for aircraft
and one for armor.
OK MEMBERS, this is what I have so far. KEEP in mind any of this is subject to change as members see fit, before we are approved for this campaign. Im trying to get a feel for how everyone feels about this idea. I'll work out the bugs, and then submit to HQ as soon as we get an active member base of at least 20 people interested. ALL comments and suggestions will be taken to heart. I am WET behind the ears when it comes to LEADING
a campaign so bare with me OK? THANX TO ALL and lets look FWD to this campaign come Spring.

RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 08:39 AM UTC
I thought this was a good idea. AM I WRONG in my assumption?
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 790 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
Not at all Rotor Head!!!

I'm vaguely interested in building (yet another) Jolly Roger F14, myself.

Master Yoda's SciFI campaign ends Valentines Day, so I might get to dive in, if I get any $$$ over Christmas.
Cool idea, and best of luck to you folks
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 10:30 AM UTC
I'd be interested in a big cat campaign - yeah, I know I've talked big but not gotten in the sandbox up until now..-
But now that we are moved and I have an official 'hobby room' I can forsee having the time and space to build another Panther say February-ish..
I'd vote for a one off campaign, I'm not especially interested in a Korean era jet build too..

Mike
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 01:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I thought this was a good idea. AM I WRONG in my assumption?

Perhaps not wrong in your assumption, just going about starting a campaign incorrectly.

Normally, when someone has a campaign idea, they get 10 folks to sign on here in the thread. When (or if) there is enough interest, the potential participants hammer out some rules. Once you've got the campaign leader, rules, dates and particpants on board, you contact Gunnie with your proposed campaign.

Gunnie runs it across the Camapaign Committee for approval. If the members approve it, then Jim sets up the campaign pages where folks can enlist, post in progress reports, etc.

You basically went from idea to campaign in about 24 hours with only yourself, two probables and two possibles. Just an observation here.

This is still in the idea stage.....I dont see any listing as being an established Campaign . so Im confused about your 24 hr accusation. There as the post displays only 5 people willing to particapate. Thats why I posted the whole structure of the Campaign PROPOSAL.....so people could see the whole scope of the idea and ,make suggestions and changes before we submit for Campaign approval.
Three of the Four points you have mentioned are already established , so the members are the only missing puzzle piece.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 02:58 PM UTC
Howdy Rotor,

Since this 'CATS' thing is still in the proposal stage.....even though my plate is full (when is it ever NOT?), let me see if I can't think of something that peaks my interest that is of the feline persuasion.
Hmmmmmmmm........................

Tread.
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 790 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm, 'accusation'. Rather harsh word for someone just trying to help you out. Well, I can see when I'm not wanted. Out here.

That was a little rough, I thought as well.
I think he just got frustrated and shot the messenger.

thats what I do to often when i get bad news.

Then I realize what I've done, and figure out a course of corrective action.
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 04:07 PM UTC
I wasn't lashing out at anyone. AND I DONT want anyone to feel "THEY'RE NOT WANTED HERE" , so I apologize to anyone offended. I didn't see that I had a Campaign in full swing or even approved. I was just trolling for interested peolple. I thought that posting the info I put together would give everyone an idea of what I had thought of so far. AS I posted,,,,ALL is SUBJECT to change. There is no WRONG doing here at all . JUST LOOKING for FEEDBACK. Tod
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 11:29 AM UTC
Hey guys -

My plate is full now with Cover Up and Market Garden...... but early next year a Panther would be fun to do...... hehe

Count me in among the interested!

I'll be following the developments to see what takes shape..

Thanks-
Jeff
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:06 PM UTC
How about a normal plane but with tiger meet scheme? like the F15E in tiger meet pattern?
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How about a normal plane but with tiger meet scheme? like the F15E in tiger meet pattern?

If you read the proposal...thats the whole idea. A Tigermeet scheme is a GO.!!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 09:30 PM UTC
Hi there

I'd be interested - particularly if you could extend the deadline a month or so...

I'm already committed to a coouple of builds next Spring, and I'm a slow builder, so a logjam is already on the cards.

If I could take part, I'd probably have a bash at a Grumman WW2 era fighter. :-)

All the best

Rowan
newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:36 PM UTC
If there is still interest in this, I would love to do a Grumman Hellcat as used by the Royal Navy.
bytepilot
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hi there,

I'm already taking part in a Tiger Meet build over at ARC. Haven't started off yet, but I'm planning to start off in early Feb(it goes on until March end).

I'll be building a F-16A in RNAF, 1991 Tigermeet markings.

Otherwise, I can start off on a F4F Wildcat, or a F9F Panther. I also have an idea for an Indian AF Mig-21 PF/FL which fought in the 1971 Indo-Pak war, which had attractive Tiger camo scheme. I'd really love to do that one too.

So, do finalise on the final dates, and I'll pitch in with my entry...

Cheers,
BP.
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:04 AM UTC
CATS WILL PLAY
UPDATE:::::::
It appears that there has been mixed feedback on this campaign idea. Because there are currently 3 campaigns going on around this time frame, I would like to ask those members interested, about extending this idea. I propose moving the start date to
the middle of March (say round the 15th) and extending the completion date to August or September 15th. If this appeals to you all, please respond, so we can finalize the idea to make it a full CAMPAIGN. Thnx. TODD
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
if this is going to have a later start date i might be interested,

i have an academy hellcat in the stash, but do i have to build an aircraft too?

cheers

joe
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 07:02 AM UTC
I'm interested, so count me in.....never been in a campaign before, should be fun!

Vinniw
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 09:46 AM UTC
If I understand, GunTruck needs to approve a Campaign, otherwise it simply becomes a group build
 _GOTOTOP