soviet draisine
bazers
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 07:13 AM UTC
Hi
photos of my second a f v build. Soviet draisine by hobby boss nice kit to build ,i cut off all door and body handles and replaced with wire, opened door added a few figures
and used baking powder for snow base.
as i am new to this would like any comments on model ..good or bad.

bazer

duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 08:41 AM UTC
Great job, hard to believe it's Braille scale.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 06:13 PM UTC
I really like the train!! The figures need work on shadows and highlights but most ofus have that problem. Great work.
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 10:00 PM UTC
Hello Bazers

always nice to see a railway (or railroad) subject.

nice work with the small improvements you did with wire handles, and cutting open the door. Quite nice looking figures. Painting figures in braille scale is challenging, very hard to balance realism in painting with effects that make the details stand out more, with such small areas to work with. At the end of the day, what you thinks best is the way to go. The flesh colour you chose is quite pale, it suits the icy frozen base and setting.

cheers
Neil
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 03:32 AM UTC
For your second AFV build, it's a nice job. What you have done with the finish is definitely along the right lines. Perhaps a little more practice, of course, but you are looking to achieve the right effects, so keep at it.

One subtle improvement to the finish might be to paint the model the same way the real vehicle was painted, i.e. paint it over all green first and then add the white over top of that. The effect will come out lookng a little better even if it is a little more difficult to achieve. It also bececomes easier to replicate some of the more advanced weathering effects if the colours are laid down in the same order as the original.

Another hint is that things like tanks and rail cars get incredibly dirty in service and that rain tends to wash a lot of that dirt down to the lower parts of the vehicle, even if it is running on rails. For a subject like this, a gradual increase in the "filth" level as you get closer to the bottom of the vehicle enhances that look.

Paul

bazers
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 12:21 AM UTC
Hi guys
thanks for tips on painting and weathering .

neil if you read this can you get in touch.
bazer
Bonaparte84
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 01:21 AM UTC
I agree with the rest, good job! I like that really white snow. One small improvement you could do to the figures: Apply a diluted dark (brownish) wash to the flesh parts. This way the shadows will come out. Even in braille scale this is really a simple job. You just need a small enough brush...
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 - 01:17 PM UTC
Hi Barry

I sent you a PM, and it includes my email address if you want to contact me that way

cheers
Neil
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:14 AM UTC
superb

very nice camo, I like this dio..

_GOTOTOP