_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Smoke Grenades
Anzac
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 10:21 AM UTC
Has anyone ever made smoke cannisters? im want to try and make some to put into a dio as i have not been able to find any within kits. any idea wouldbe gratfully appreciated

Scott #:-)
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 10:47 AM UTC
Scott

This is just off the top of my head, but taking a piece of plastic rod cut it to size and add some thin wire for the pin and spoon. I've never tried it and like I said its just off the top of my head. Good luck I hope it works for you,

P.S. I'm sure some of the other folks on the site may have better
ideas

HarryD
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 10:56 AM UTC
Some of the older Dragon Vietnam figure kits have some smoke grenades in them. I think the Academy "Huey" helicopter kits have a few in them too. I checked and I don't have an laying around or you would be more than welcome to them.

Hope this helps.

Shaun

Oh, Harry's idea sounds fine to me, too!
Delta42
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 616 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 11:13 AM UTC
The Verlinden "US Military Vehicle Stowage Vietnam" set number 1585 has three of them in it. I would not advise you to buy the set just for the smoke grenades, but you could get an idea of how to make your own if you could get the chance to look at the kit at the local hobby store. At the very least, go to the verlinden web site and look at the picture for this set.

http://www.verlinden-productions.com/vp_htm_1201_1600/vp1585.htm (lower left by the M79 and shot gun)

Dave
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 01:45 PM UTC
Ooola my man... scratching one will take you all of about 5 minutes. If you're looking at many smokes, add 2 more minutes for each one.

(M18 I am assuming)

I just did one (and have done many before)... it's on my M29 page on top of the 20mm ammo can.
 _GOTOTOP