Hosted by Darren Baker
Hobbyboss T34/76 problem fitting main gun
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 06:01 AM UTC
Hi all, been building the Hobbyboss T34/76 1941 model its been a great build till i got to the turret,trying to fit the main gun is driving me to despair the angles are all wrong, when fitted to its retainers on the side of the turret walls it sits to the left and when you fit the turret ring you get a large gap at the bottom front the Mg mag racks are to large so the roof of the turret doesnt fit. isit me or has anyone else had these problems. bit worried because I have all the T34s in my stash
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 06:51 PM UTC

Hi John. I built that one a long time ago (never finished weathering it), but with All the Hobby Boss kits you need to do careful pre-fitting and sanding. They are great kits but don't flow together like a Tamiya. Remember you may not see everything through the hatch anyway. Heres some pic of what I did. I think everything is inside but I wouldn't put it past me to sand down or leave out a ammo rack here or there.

Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 09:37 PM UTC
Hi Greg thanks for the help,I tried dry fitting again for the eleventy first time and still cant get the gun to sit right I think Im going to jury rig it, looking at your turret its hard to see where it mounts so I think I can get away with it.craft knife to the bottom of the ammo rack shoud solve that little problem (not a lot of room in that turret wouldnt want to be in there if a 88 came calling)Cheers
Removed by original poster on 12/03/13 - 01:26:34 (GMT).
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 - 01:23 PM UTC

any other angles you need?

Easy_Co
Visit this Community