_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Before Building
Ideas, concepts, and researching your next diorama.
Hosted by Darren Baker
German 2cm flakvierling 38
Danbellz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 02:50 PM UTC
Hi all,I'm in the planning stages of making another diorama this time it will be a pretty big one consisting of 3 x 2cm flakvierling 38 guns and a few other trucks and maybe 20+ men.They will be setting up the guns most likely in Russia some where.My question is, with such guns how close would they of likely to be positioned to each other?
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 08:15 PM UTC
Hi Dan,

better plan it in 1/72

Seriously, those guns are usually not bunched too close together for obvious reasons (danger of a collective hit, necessity to let vehicles move up for ammo supply, ammo stacks, guns usually grouped in semi-circle around the battery Befehlsstand, etc.)

Actually I can't remember any photos showing more than one gun.

In the field you were lucky if you got some support, let alone whole batteries of this over-required weapon system.
And out in the Pampa, there was hardly anything valuable enough to deploy a battery for its protection.

Erdkampf was not the initial field of activity, the Flakvierling having been designed for the navy.
It proved ever too popular for the production rate anyway.

While they were of course used widely in the towed version, many were installed on appropriate vehicles for higher mobility (especially in the field).

Sorry for the boring and lenghty mail, only wanting to help!

Cheers

Romain

Danbellz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 09:12 PM UTC
Cheers for that guess its going to be a fictional diorama as I all ready have the 3 guns ect,was thinking about placing 2 of them around a railway bridge or something in Russia and another being towed down the road to another position.or the same thing but in France being placed in more permanent positions.Does anyone have any photos or more info on this kind of situation?

cheers Dan
 _GOTOTOP