_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Sierra Hotel: F/A-18 pilot 1988
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 02:57 PM UTC
Here's Verlindens 120MM Modern US Navy Pilot. I still have to finish the head and hit the torso with a dull coat as well as adding an VFA-25 patch to the sleve. This guy is on the USS Constellation, 1988.

john17
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 920 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 03:29 PM UTC
Nate:

When did you quit your job? You have been cranking out stuff like a wild man lately! You must be in the painting zone! This one looks great, albeit incomplete without the melon. Can't wait to see the whole thing from head to toe.

John
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 03:58 PM UTC
Wow it is looking fantastic. kind of reminds me of myself. I loose my head sometimes also #:-)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 08:33 PM UTC
It looks very good Nate.If I remember well this kit had 2 different heads.which one will you use?
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 08:45 PM UTC
nice nate very nice good job as usual, and like graywolf what face are you gonna use?
and more important on what kind of base will it be?

LOL animal.. does that happen often?

greets Juul
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 01:02 AM UTC
Hey guys:
John: I was sorta building this on the side during the Cover Up figure (I started it after talking to a WSO on a F/A-18F), the wife has been working a lot of nights and as you know it's now winter here so there's not much else to do at night.

Wolf: As for the head, I have the helmeted head 80 percent done and plan on using that head. I find this figure again and build it with the "sunglasses" head in a desert flight suit.

Zero: Pretty simple base, I took a piece of sandpaper, painted it black and highlighted it with a really dark grey to simulate the non-skid surface on the carrier deck.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 01:10 AM UTC
Great job in getting some nice variations in an essentially monochromatic figure. I did mine wearing the soft hat and put him on a base with a scan of a Tomcat patch. He was one of the first figures I used a scanned and printed shoulder patch as well.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 01:26 AM UTC
Thanks AJ: I kicked around the idea you used with the patch but opted for the deck, we'll see how it turns out. I hope to have this guy finished by the end of the weekend.
 _GOTOTOP