_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Centaur color?
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 08:43 PM UTC
what kind of sandy color the centaur was?
pref humbrol or testors.

I want to spray the little bugger today so any help would be appriciated. or how ever you write that
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 02:00 AM UTC
im not sure of the exact colour, but i know it was darker in reality than what is shown in the kits instuctions.

try searching for pictures on the net, or im sure there are a few books that could come in useful.

cheers

joe
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 05:20 AM UTC
XF-49 Tamiya. (Khaki) First of all let me apologize Zero, for not answering your PM, I was going to do it but things got beyond me . O.K. let me give you some pointers over this... One of the subjects in the Tamiya kit is this:

Now, the front guardrails over the lights are painted white. You also need to heavily weather the area on the front of the gun turret is heavily burned the colour underneath. Weathering should be kept to a minimum, the Centaurs were only in Normandy until the end of June/beginning of July... Put fine wire through the lifting hooks on the turret, this was always done as it was a convenient place to hang gear on. It is also a good idea to stick on a 'Sherman' rack , towards the rear of the vehicle. Two brackets were also welded on to take the tow-rope. Keep the weathering to a minimum, tou can 'rust-up' the rear exhaust are to your hearts content...Jim

zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 05:26 AM UTC
thanks joe and jim

I already sprayed it black as a preshade coating next will be the tamiya color and since its used in normandy only Im gonna put it on the beach and use the mig beach sand pastel to give it a bit weatherd look when Im done I will post the pics here
barron
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 598 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 08:16 AM UTC
Can't wait to see them. (:-)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 10:02 AM UTC
I used humbrol's khaki (I don't know the number) and added a drop of green to it ...seems it was quite brown in color....but Tamyia's color should be good too.

Rick
cool tanky thingy!!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 04:53 AM UTC
The painting insctructions for Tamiya's Cromwell sounded like something out of my high school chemistry class. Going strickly from memory I THINK it was one part black, XF1, four parts green, XF26, and four parts brown, KF10. This would come up with a very dark green brown. That sounds about right to me.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 05:35 AM UTC
thanx for all the replys guys I got a color lined up and will spray it this weekend...

after it weatherd I will put some here for comments
 _GOTOTOP